Monday, May 9, 2011

Daisies are Like Sunshine!

Hello!  I hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day.  I took my mom the card and corsage that I showed you in Friday's post.  She liked them.  I took her picture with her wearing her corsage and I will have that pic at the end of this post.  My mom never looked her age, but that has now changed and she looks all of her 95 years.  Before we get to it, let's talk about today's card.  We all love papers, often we just buy them because they are pretty.  But sometimes, we buy them because we can see their purpose right away.  I recently got a daisy die-namics set made by My Favorite Things and when I saw this pad of paper with the script writing, I immediately thought about how interesting the paper would be in a daisy shape.  Let me show you.  Enjoy!


The sentiment came from my new Pure Innocence stamp set, Crazy for Daisies.  I know you haven't see me use this set yet, but I have stamped it, as this is going to be one of the cards we will make in my next class I will be teaching later in the month.  I guess I should show you my class cards.  Maybe I will do that in a separate post.  My card today was pretty simple, but I love how it came out.  At the last minute, I decided to add the yellow pinking circles die layer behind the dotted one, to resemble a sun.  This makes the sentiment match my card a little more.  What do you think? 

Recipe:

Paper - Fancy Pants Designs - It's The Little Things" 6 x 6 Pad, Cardstock Yellow, Black, White
Stamps - Crazy for Daisies PI set by My Favorite Things
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Upsy Daisy Die -namics by My Favorite Things, Classic Circle, Pinking Circles Nestibilities
Other - Pearls by Kaiser, Ribbon by Creative Impressions

I will be back tomorrow with another creation. 
Happy Stamping!
Tina

And here is the pic of my mom showing off her corsage I made her.   

In contrast, this next pic is one of the ones I put on facebook a couple of days ago.  She was around 30 in this pic.

Thanks for letting me share.  See you tomorrow!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com