Friday, August 9, 2013

August Class Share!

Hello!  Once again, I have been doing other things besides blogging, like spending time with the granddaughter who is here for a couple of weeks, buying a car (a 2012 Chevy Malibu ...woo hoo!), and creating my class cards.  At least I have them to show you today!  August is my last month to make general themed cards before I have to start in with the holiday class cards.  I didn't really have any ideas what I wanted to do.  I picked up some pretty papers at the store and thought maybe I could come up something ... well, I sure did and I made the class about those pretty papers.  I combined them with some variations of past fun folds and some Pure Innocence stamps from MFT that I have used in previous classes.  It was fun to get to reuse some of them in new ways!  The "paper" idea all started when I found two new paper pads from Carta Bella with a western theme, one for girls and one for boys.  That is how this class became 4 cards instead of my usual 3!  Let me show you all four cards  ... enjoy!

Cowboy Twisted Easel Card Closed

Cowboy Twisted Easel Card Opened

Cowgirl Twisted Easel Card Closed

Cowgirl Twisted Easel Card Opened

Daisies Double Display Card Closed
Daisies Double Display Card Opened

Blooming Tent Card Closed

Blooming Tent Card Opened

Blooming Tent Card Inside
I think they all turned out pretty darn cute!  Did you recognize the Pure Innocence stamp in the third card?  She is actually holding a basket full of eggs (for Easter), but I changed the theme by adding some tiny flowers.  On the second card, that middle panel with the girl stamped on it, opens up so that you have a place to write your sentiment.  Thanks for letting me share here and in case you are interested in coming or in a kit, here are the class details:

Paper Pretties - Wed. August 28th 11:00 a.m. and Sat. August 31st 2:30 p.m. $25
In this class, we will be combining the prettiest papers with variations of past techniques and favorite Pure Innocence stamps from My Favorite Things to create four creative and unique cards.  First up, is the new western theme paper pads, which is being combined with a Twisted Easel card variation.  You will be making two cards here, one cowboy and one cowgirl!  Next, is a very pretty daisy paper.  You will be making a card that is called a Double Display card, but to me it is a variation of the Tri-Shutter card.  And lastly, pretty floral papers in greens, will be combined with a variation of a Tent card.  Please bring adhesive to include an X by Xyron (if you have one), pop up dots, a quicky glue pen or some kind a adhesive to adhere tiny pieces, detailed scissors, and your preferred coloring medium.  All other supplies provided. 
(copic colors I used: card 1 Boy: E00, E59, R37, B000/BG10, B97, C3, card
1 Girl: E00, E59, R85, B000/BG11, R83, C3, E33, card 2: E00, C0, B21, B23, YG25, Y15, E33 card 3: E00, E35, G02, Y15, E31 (flowers: Y15, B79, RV66, Y17, RV14) ...these are listed only for the convenience of those you have asked me to share the colors I used).

See you tomorrow for the Saturday's sketch share!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com