Friday, May 9, 2014

May Class Share!

Hello!  I have been busy working on my next class samples.  I am always getting requests for masculine cards but usually I just add one or two sometime in the year.  I decided I was going to do one whole class that would be just for men.  Of course, it was a challenge for me to figure out what kind of cards to do, and then to match the ideas with the products that the store sells.  I had brought home a few papers from the store that I thought looked like manly colors.  And I had a couple of stamp sets that I thought would work.  I am happy with the results.  Here are the three cards for my May class.  The class details follows.  Enjoy!

First, is a shirt card.  I saw lots of tutorials on the "origami" kind, but after doing it one time, I decided no way and went looking for a simpler version ... this is the one and I love it ...

 And the inside ...
 
 Next, is a pocket card with an opening for a fish scene ... it looks realistic thanks to some styling gel!  Yes, for real! 
 
 This next photo shows the card pulled out of it's pocket.  This is a flat card, but will have plenty of room for your message either below the sentiment or on the backside of the pulled out card.
 
 
 And the last card uses the square cage die from Inky Antics and some of their cute stamps too!

 
 When the brad is pulled, the cage is pulled up to reveal the message ... "You're the greatest, and I'm not lion!"  LOL!

 
And then the inside also uses the square cage die to create a pop-up sentiment ...

 
Here are the class details in case  you are interested in coming or would like a kit.
 
Just for Men- Wed. May 28th 11:00 a.m. and Sat. May 31st 2:30 p.m. $25
In this class you will make three creative and unique cards that will be perfect for men for occasions like Father's Day, Birthday, etc.!  First, is a shirt card.  So fun!   Next is a pocket card complete with an opening to reveal a realistic fish scene (thanks to some styling gel!).  The third card continues our die a month by using the square cage die from Inky Antics to create both the front and the inside pop up for our lion card.  Please bring adhesive to include 1/8" scor-tape, regular scotch tape in 1/2", pop-up dots, detailed scissors, and your preferred coloring medium.  All other supplies provided.  (Copics used (for those who have asked to know ahead of time): card 2: B000, B12, Y35, E31, E35, Y17, E08, B97, card 3: E21, E25, Y21, W5)

See you tomorrow for the Saturday sketch share!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com