Friday, November 22, 2013

Christmas Blessings!

Hello!  My friend Donna and I have been getting together every week to work on more Christmas cards.  I come up with the card ideas and we do all the stamping, cutting, etc. to make as many finished cards that will allow for the paper used.  I have one of them to show you today.  A couple of weeks ago, for a Saturday sketch share, I made a card with a nativity.   See it here to remind you.  Well, I really wanted to make more than the additional 7 I made, but I could not find any substitute for that swirl blue paper I used on the first layer.  Then, another great friend donated a bunch of papers to me that she purged from her stamp room, and in that group was this really pretty teal and purple swirl paper and I could just see the nativity with it.  I was going to do another sketch, but why mess with a great thing, right?  So, same sketch, but totally different papers used.  Now, it is not traditional colors for Christmas, but Donna and I both liked it anyway (of course, teal and purple are her colors, so she probably isn't the best person to ask!  lol!)  You can be the judge ...enjoy!


So, what do you think?  Do you like the colors for a Christmas card?  And do you like the strip of gold/silver bling?  The sketch card had a sentiment square on the left, but we didn't like it because even though the card base is white, it just looked too stark white.  We also tried embossing in gold, but didn't like it either,  The sentiment showed up a little better on the purple than it did on the teal, so that is what we went with.  The inside sentiment is "Christ the Savior is Born". Not much info to give you in a recipe.  The main thing you need to know is the die is from Taylored Expressions, the bling is from Elizabeth Crafts, and the sentiments from Verve.

See you tomorrow for the sketch share.
Happy Stamping!
Tina



0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com