Saturday, July 4, 2009

God Bless the U.S.A.

Hello! I have been retired for three days and I have made 3 cards ... not too bad! But wait until I tell you what I went through to make them - you are going to laugh! I am! First, I have to give you a little background - You see all my stamps and supplies have been at my store. For 14 years, if I wanted to make a card, I had to wait and make it at the store because that is where everything was. The last 5 months I have been bringing home boxes and boxes of stamps and all my supplies and for the first time I was creating a stamp room just for me. I had it pretty organized. I was just waiting to close the store so I could bring home my demo desk which I was now going to be using for my stamping desk and the elfa rack which at the store housed my cardstock, but at home would hold a majority of my wood mounted stamps. Waiting for these two pieces, I had organized my wood mounted stamps in box lids and misc. supplies in baskets that would fit into the drawers of my desk when it came home. The other items waiting to have a spot were things like the big shot, the paper cutters, tool spinners, my embellishment box, and the Zutter. Those would fit on top of the two pieces I would be bringing home. So, I bet your thinking ... did that happen, did the two pieces come home? At the last minute I made the decision to send them to the storage unit we rented instead and that is because we are moving! Yes, moving! This new life development happened in the last month! I just couldn't see moving them into my small room just in time to move them out! So, now everything that should be in or on top of those 2 pieces is on the floor, making it pretty crowded in a 9 x 10 foot room! And me, I am sitting on the floor and for a table I am using a small child size chair to stamp on! (It is the one that sat in the Hero Arts area at the store). Is that crazy or what? When I sent the pieces to the storage unit, I really thought I could just wait until we move to stamp ... but ... I just couldn't wait! It has been sooooo long since I stamped just what I wanted, how I wanted!


I created two birthday cards first, but then I realized I should be making a 4th of July card and posting that since tomorrow is the 4th. So, I thought about my patriotic stamps. And remembered that I had a one that would be perfect from Paula Best. I have 4 trays of Paula Best stamps, of which very few have ever seen ink! And this one was no exception! But I love Paula Best stamps, they just speak to me! The star was glittered with red stickles! Now, I see why stickles were such great sellers!


Have a safe and happy 4th of July! God Bless the U.S.A.!

Tina

P.S. Look for the other 2 cards I made tomorrow or the next day!





0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com