Sunday, July 5, 2009

Whoo Loves You?

I hope everyone had a fun 4th of July. We went to the Cats game. You know that is where they shoot the Fort Worth's fireworks but because the game went into the 13th inning, Fort Worth didn't see any fireworks until almost midnight! Unfortunately, the Cats lost. But the fireworks, they were fabulous and definitely worth the wait!

Now on to the cards I promised you. I needed to make a couple of birthday cards and decided I wanted to use the owl and branch from one of the Hero Arts clear sets. When I was deciding on my layout, I got to thinking about how simple or elaborate you could make any card. So, the two I made reflect that. Not that the second one is all that elaborate but it has a few more steps than the simple one.

The first one ...





And now the second one ...
I used prismacolor pencils to color both cards. On the 2nd card, the pattern paper and the nestibillities added more steps. The pattern paper is from Adorn It which I think I got from Archivers the last time Gary & I was down in Austin. I couldn't resist a sheet of it since it had these really cute owls all over it! For the label with the sentiment I used my new labels 4 die.
Here are a couple close up views
I always pull together the colors or images from the front of the card to the inside of the card. I never stamp directly on the inside card. To me, and it's only me, but it's boring and if you don't stamp straight or good, it is VERY noticeable! It just gives the card a completed look to follow through.



So here's the inside ... (You see on this one I cut out one of the owls out of the paper for added interest)!




That's all for now! Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!


Happy Stamping! - Tina




0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com