Monday, October 26, 2009

Have Stamps Will Travel!

Did you think I did no stamping in 28 days of travel? I think I spent at least 3 afternoons stamping. All on Sundays, since that is the day my hubby likes to watch football! I took pics of two of the cards I made and sent. So, here are those. Sorry about the lighting - they didn't come out as bright as usual.


The hedgehog image is from Penny Black. And the flower was made with one of the sizzix dies.


The above images are Inky Antics. I absolutely love these stamps and I think this card came out pretty darn cute!

The day we went to El Paso, I got Gary to take me to The Stamp Act. I really enjoyed seeing Polly's store. Of course, I found a few things I couldn't live without. She had a fabulous sample made using one of the cuttlebug folders and engraving art boards by Royal Langnickel. I bought two packages, one with gold foil and one with silver foil. Polly said they also make one in copper foil, but it was out of stock. Here is a picture of the gold foil package so you can see what I am talking about.


When you take a board out of the package, it looks solid black. And then you place it inside one of your cuttlebug folders and run it through your die cut machine. The last step is to go over it with a sander block to make the foil color pop. My two pieces below used the same folder but have opposite looks depending on which direction the board gets put in the folder.



Now, I need to make a card with my examples. Look for that soon! Since, I have been home I have been making Halloween cards. So, look for that post next. I will be scheduling it after my cards go in the mail.

Talk Soon - Happy Stamping! Tina

1 comments:

LeslieRahye said...

VERY cool technique...I think we need Mommie to get these for the Cut N Paste store!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com