Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Halloween!

When I need inspiration and ideas, I go to some of my favorite blogs. Now as you know, now days they all do these sketches which show in grey tones how the layout will look. I am admiting to you that it is extremely hard for me to visualize how my stamps and papers will work when all I see is grey. But...if you show me an example with papers, stamps, etc. then I can go for it! I am very visual! So, in search of halloween ideas, I found a card I liked from a 10/08 post on http://www.sunshinydayswithkim.blogspot.com The word Ive heard used is my card was "cased" from her card. Last week, Donna & I went to the store in Waxahachie called The Crafty Scrapper. One of my purchases, was a couple of sheets of flying witch scrapbook paper by Reminisce. So, I used that for my first design, at least until I found out I only had enough checkered ribbon for about 10 cards and even then I had to cut and piece to get the 10 completed. My next idea used some scrapbook paper from my stash. I think it was from Heidi Grace and was purchased when Recollections went out of business. Like the witch card, which I stamped Best Witches by AMuse on the left side panel, I decided I my other AMuse word stamps would fit perfectly on the same left panel. I proceded to come up with images which would match up with the sayings. So, on the following cards, I used "have a spooky night", "have a boo-tiful day", "frightful and delightful", and for Gary's card "I'm a little batty for you". I have shown you a close-up of my embellishments because I used the sparkler dot stickers from Stampendous and put them on top of black brads. Loved this because you could see the black and the orange!
















Have a Spooktacular Halloween!


Happy Stamping! Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com