Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I think this will be my last post before the big day! I had one last project to create and now that it's done, I want to share it with you. Every Christmas, as part of my hubby's gifts from me, I have made some kind of holder to put in different gift cards from restaurants we like to go to. Interested idea isn't it? After all, money spent today, will be fun days to look forward to soon, after all going out to eat is one of our favorite things to do! I think one year I decorated a 6 x 6 inch metal tin, and there has been a few mini books. This year, in my blog looking, I came across instructions for a mini accordion file, which I decided would be perfect for my gift card holder for this year's gift. The blog I found it on was www.valeriestangle.blogspot.com in her August 11, 2009 post. But she was actually casing the project from the score-pal.com website. If you want the actual instructions, find her post and then click on her link to go to the score pad website to find full instructions. I don't have a score-pal, but I found my score it board worked just fine. I needed only 5 slots so I changed the measurements a little and I, being from the "old school", like the front and back covers of chipboard covered by the paper instead of just having paper applied to both sides. Of course, that might have changed if I had used thicker paper to cover with. Gary complains about all the glitter left behind everywhere ... so, I used as many non-glittered embellishments on the front as possible! The reindeer stamp image is Great Impressions and the sentiment on the front is from AMuse. I absolutely love the way it came out ... I hope you do too!







I am not sure if I'll be doing much creating before the new year, but if I do, I promise to share my projects with you. I don't usually make new year resolutions but I decided that this year's would be to create lots of cards and share them with you! I think this is one I actually might keep! So, in case I don't show up here until next year ... Have a very safe and Happy New Year!

Happy Stamping!

Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com