Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blogging More in 2010?

Happy New Year! My January resolution was to blog more, thus making me create more. Well, as you can see, it is already the 10th and I haven't given you any posts until now. Now that's not very good ... so does that mean that this year's resolutions are going to end up being like ever other year... ? Can I use the excuse that I was sick over Christmas and it made me just not in the mood to be creative? But, three days ago, I got my creative juices going again and created three new cards. Now of course, the cards were three that I needed to send or give for birthdays, but even so, at least I made something! I also createcd a birthday book for me. Because last Tuesday, I found I didn't know about a birthday of a very good friend. And so, I decided I needed a birthday book to help me keep track of the dates. This is something I know you can purchase at a store, but I thought, I can just make me one and so I did! I haven't got all the names in yet, but I am working on it! Before I get to showing the pics of the cards and book, I wanted to tell you that yesterday I attended my very first stamp convention as a "real" customer! I had so much fun! And, I saw so many perople that I hadn't seen since the closing of my store! It was just a really great day. I am also looking forward to the other one that will be this weekend!
Now back to the pics ...
The first card I made for my stepdaughter for her birthday. I didn't have any particular color scheme or stamps in mind for her so I used a new sizzix die that I ordered recently. It is the Build A Flower 2 die. I believe the paper combinations are from Stampin Up and I think I purchased it at an Imprints garage sale. I, of course, used lots of baubles to add interest!

The next one is for my stepgrandchild's birthday. Remember the book I made for Ethan? Well, this card is for him. So, I figured since he's 3, it would be o.k. to use some of the same paper that I used on his book. The layout was cased from a card I received for Halloween ... thanks Donna!

And for the friend that I didn't know it was her birthday, I had to use my favorite owl stamps with the perfect sentiment "whooo knew?" Now, I think you have seen this one set of stamps at least 2 to 3 times on my blog, so what's one more time, right? This layout was found on one of the blogs I visit, and was new to me but I love how it came out!






Now, it is time to share my birthday book with you. The front cover was decorated with a great stamp by Magenta, flowers, bauble, the frame and fancy tag dies from Spellbinders. The inside pages with the dates and lines were made on my computer in word. And then cut to the correct size and glued onto the cardstock pages. The month stamps are from Hero Arts. And of course, it was all put together with my Bind It All!


That is a good start for the year! Happy Stamping!
Tina

5 comments:

Jeanne Lobsinger said...

I am leaving a comment so you can see if it works. So glad to have found you again. I bookmarked your blog so I can check back often.

Robbie said...

I think it worked, Tina! Robbie

LeslieRahye said...

Love the birthday book and the "whoo Knew" card is my very favorite!! :) Nice work!!!

leslierahye

Schwabby said...

Wow! A mom and a grandma, retired, married....we really have a lot to catch up on! I think of you often and have missed you. Why do we let such things as good friends escape our grasp? Is there any chance of getting back what was lost?
I have read your entire blog! What fun!
I can design blogger templates if you want to stamp up a cool design to use!

Donna said...

Tina, I love the birthday book! And of course your cards are awesome. Looks like your comments feature is working!

 
design by suckmylolly.com