Friday, November 13, 2009

Inspiration Part 2

So much for thinking I am going to post one a day! I can't even do it when I have cards ready to show you! Where does the time go? How did I get everything done when I worked? Anyway, I want to share with you a couple of cards I made recently. On both you will see a very similar layout. The layout allows me to use my scrapbook paper and the nestibilities scalloped ovals. Speaking of scrapbook paper ... a few years ago, I rarely used scrapbook paper in my designs. I just used colored cardstock, now... well, now my card just dosen't seem complete without it. What's up with that? But, for now I do love the look!

The owl is a stamp by Inky Antics. The actual stamp has a birthday hat on top of its head but when I cut out the owl, I just left that part off. The scrapbook paper is Indian Summer by Basic Grey and the brads are coodinating with that line. Do you notice the layer that looks like lines on a tree? That was made using the designer woodgrained backgound stamp from Hero Arts. What makes this layer interesting is that I stamped the woodgrain onto a piece of cork! I love how this card turned out!

And for this one, I stamped the Stamping Bella mermaid stamp. I am not sure the source for the background paper because I found a piece of it in my scraps, which were just the colors that I needed for this little mermaid! The added flower blings are from Petaloo. All cards must have some kind of bling!

Until next time - Happy Stamping! Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com