Hello! As you know, I would call myself a card maker. But, sometimes it is fun to do something different! I made this 6 pocket Mini for my post that is on The Crafty Scrapper's blog today. On theirs, I have three photos but I have a few extra photos for you here and also a tutorial. This month I was given a whole 6 x 6 pad (Echo Park: Jack and Jill) to create with, as well as a bunch of matching ephemera, ribbons, stick pearls with fabric leaves (which I colored with distress ink), and flowers. I decided to put it all to good use! The base is just one sheet of 12" x 12" cardstock. So, it is kinda like a card, except it has a few more folds and it has a bunch of thick stuff on the front. But, since it is a mini, I can add thick stuff, right? Here is the front ... enjoy!
One of the items I was given was that beautiful kraft tag that is in the pocket on the front. When pulled out, a sentiment is stamped underneath. You know I had to add a stamped sentiment somewhere! I thought adding it under the tag was a kinda cool idea. Probably, some would have added ink to the kraft tag, but it was so pretty, I was afraid I would mess it up, so I left it alone.
The next couple of photos show the progression of how it looks as it get opened. First ...
Now, I do want to note, you could add pockets on the four panels above so that it would be a 10 pocket mini instead of a 6 pocket mini, but I just added designer paper to these panels and waited until you folded the above three sections down to find the 6 pockets. Fully opened ...
I added pieces from the ephemera pack but you could add notes or photos. So, the three pockets in the bottom sections have pockets at diagonals or straight and the three upper pockets have closures. All of the pockets were made with 1/8" scor-tape on three sides to form the pocket. The funny thing about two of the closures is that I was just telling a friend the other day how I never use eyelets anymore. Well, now that is no longer true, as I made eyelet closures for two of the top pockets. The middle top pocket has a Velcro closure. Here is a photo of the three top pockets opened ...
As I stated earlier the whole base is just one 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock. Super simple with just a few score lines and cuts. Let me see if I can explain it to you.
1. Score at 2 3/8", and 7 1/4".
2. Rotate clockwise so that your score lines are now horizontal. The 2 3/8" score should be towards the top.
3. Score again at 3 7/8", 4 1/8", 8", and 8 1/4".
4. Trim the 1/4" score area from the bottom row and top flap. Stop trimming at the horizontal score lines. Here is a visual with the 1/4" sections cut away ...
On the two top outer pockets, I trimmed the top sections down some to create the closed pockets.. (sorry, I didn't make note of how much). The middle pocket I just trimmed at an angle on two sides. You can do whatever you want here, as this would be part of your designing process. You can see how easy this was to make, especially using a 6 x 6 pad, as all the papers match each other and are small prints, which is so important for smaller panels! Make you one and send me a photo. I would love to see what you do!
I have more miscellaneous cards I have made to show you, so I hope to see you tomorrow!