Sunday, November 29, 2015

My Bridal Shower Card, Harry Potter Style!

Hello!  I have been trying to find time to get this card on here for over a week.  Before I show you, I have to give you a little background.  A few weeks back, I had gotten a bridal shower invite for my niece with a Harry Potter theme.  Well, honestly, I know nothing.  I have never read the books or seen the movies.  I reached out to a couple of people that are fans and have knowledge.  One gave me a bunch of online links and from one of those links, see it here, I was able to use their idea to create my card.  One of the main problems I was having from the get go, was what scrapbook paper to use, as I quickly found out that the companies that had Harry Potter paper had discontinued it and no longer was it to be found.  Etsy had some digital papers but that was going to take so much ink, and I wasn't all that crazy about them.  Fortunately, I got her wedding invite just in time to see that it had kinda of a "galaxy" theme with black and golds.  Well, I knew that the papers in that KaiserKraft line that I was given to work with from the store's design team would be perfect, so paper solved.  I downloaded images from the link I gave you earlier, and also the fonts they used to do the wording on my double z fold card.  I had been told that the images needed to be gold.  So, I went the easy way, and just outlined them with a gold pen.  It worked perfectly!   Here is the card in a couple of views ... enjoy!

The front ...



Halfway opened ....


 And the inside, totally opened ...


 And then on the envelope ...

A faux seal!  I was pretty pleased how it came out!  All I did was put some hot glue onto a craft sheet, pushed a silver charm into it, let it cool, removed the charm, and then inked it on both sides with gold Lumiere paint. 

She opened my card and I know she liked it.  I did too.  It came out good!


I plan on working on some more Christmas cards this week, as I get them done, I will try to get them on here to show you.

See you soon!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com