Tuesday, January 5, 2016

January Class Share!

Hello!  I got my class samples done on Sunday, well, almost done.  I thought one of the projects needed one more little thing, something that I had seen at the store.  So, yesterday, I was off to Waxahachie, fixed it, and now the samples are there for you to see!  I have photos for you here today, but in person, is always best.  January is a month that I usually do some different type items, not just cards.  One of my class takers, had sent me a pinterest link a few months ago of this folded paper purse.  The post was in another language which my computer translated the words but the measurements were still in centimeters, but I was up to the challenge.  Actually, it's too easy for words, especially since the scoring will be done before class by me!  Cute project.  Before I had thought through how much paper this first project would actually take to finish, I was on to making a second project for the class.  This one is a fold over pocket accordion book, made with envelopes.  So simple. It has 12 pull-outs which I have all kinds of ideas for that I will be sharing in the class kits.  Okay, let's get to them.  3D projects are hard to photograph but I think you can get the idea ... enjoy!


First, the paper purse ...

 
 
 Here is a side view, still closed ...

 
 And then it opens and the recipient goes "wow" ...




The second project is the pocket book.  Here it is closed....
(The "love" die is what I had to get from the store to finish it off, it is perfect!)

 

And again, when it opens, one is "wowed" ...


 
 
Here is a side view, opened ...

 
 
 
 
Here are the class details, if you are interested.  Don't forget, if you aren't local, you can always do a kit by mail.  Just call the store at 972-923-3151 or contact me.
 
Two Projects From the Heart!  Wed. Jan. 27th 11:00 a.m. and Sat. Jan. 30th 2:30 p.m. $28
You will be creating two different projects in this class. The first, by special request, is a paper purse which explodes with pretty papers when it is opened.  This would be a perfect Valentine or anytime gift for a dear friend.  You could also add a couple of pockets to add photos or notes.  The second project is a pocket accordion book complete with 12 pockets and pull outs.  Some ideas for the pull out outs would be coupons, sentiments, photos, or even special dates, since there are 12 of them.  I will have typed out ideas for you in class.  Please bring adhesive to include scor-tape 1/4", small pop-ups, and small paper trimmer.  All other supplies provided.
 
I wish I would have added to bring a bone folder or scoring tool, so if you are coming to class and read this, you might add this to your "to bring" list.  I think it would be helpful on the purse.

I love how both projects came out.  I hope you do too!
 
Happy Stamping!
Tina

 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com