Friday, June 16, 2017

Corner Pop Up Book - Patriotic Style!

Hello!  Today, I have a mini book on The Crafty Scrapper's blog.  I haven't had a chance to participate in a while, so I was so glad to get back to creating for them.  I used a great patriotic line called Live Free from Photoplay.  The premise for my little patriotic mini is a corner pop -up, of which I taught in a class, I think last year.  So, this is 4 of those glued together to create one little mini book!  The patriotic quotes I used I printed on my computer, but in this little book you could add notes, photos, or whatever you would like.  I have photos of each of the pages and also photos of the step by step to create the corner pop up card.  Enjoy!





The above photo is the best view to show you how the book does when open.  Here are close-ups of the pages you can't see....






I added the same paper on the back side as the front ...



Below are the details on the how-to!  Start with a piece of cardstock that is 8 1/2" square. 

You can see hopefully, on the photo above, where to score and cut.  Fold in half in both directions.  And then make a cut only to the middle.  And then one diagonal score from the cut line to the corner. 
Fold on the diagonal.  Open it back up and get ready for step one ...

Step One:  Fold top section downward. 



Step Two: Fold diagonal section upward, creating an "L".




Step Three: The panel on the right gets folded to the left.  .



Step Four: Adhesive is added.


Step 5: Top panel is folded down and gets adhered to panel with tape.


 Step Six: Open it up and you have created a corner pop up card or in this case, page 1 of 4!



The idea I saw had four different cardstock colors for the book.  I copied this idea to create some interest.  I added two small holes on the front and back cover and added twine from my stash to give the book a closure. 

I hope you like my patriotic mini and hopefully, the how-to is clear enough that you can create one too!  Let me know if you have any questions!

Happy Stamping!
Tina



0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com