Saturday, July 25, 2015

You Make My Tail Wag!

Hello! Usually, on Saturday you see my Saturday share post. Well, it's gonna be late.  This was my teaching week so I didn't get to it until yesterday.  And then I missed the outgoing mail pick up, so I put my card in the mail for Debbie today.  She should get it on Tuesday so, look for the share here on that day too! 
 
No worries since I have a fun card for you today.  But, first I have to tell you the story behind it.  It's kinda long, but it's a good story. If you follow me on Facebook, you already know the story.  but if you don't, then here is my story about our new dog.  It was last month when I was in the middle of prepping for my class, I took a little break and saw on Facebook that a friend from church found a Chihuahua and was trying to find a home for her.  They had figured out where she lived before, but a neighbor told them that the family had left 2 weeks before for Florida.  We have a Chihuahua and we love her (of course) but she is 13 and we had been somewhat thinking about getting another. We went and met the new dog, who is a sweet one, they were calling her Sweet Pea, for good reason. That same week we brought her home.  She was in heat so a appt. was made to get her fixed.  Now, Natalie was told by the vet that she was about 5 or 6 years old.  We had her in our home a few days before her appt. and so when I took her,  I asked if the vet could check her eyes, as we thought maybe she was blind or partially blind, as she occasionally ran into stuff.  However, we could tell she is very smart and a great listener.  But, really just wanted to know more about her.  Well, when the vet called to let me know that she was out of surgery and doing fine, he also said yes, she was critically blind, and that it was not something that could be fixed.  He also said after looking at her closer, that she was more like 8 to 10 years old.  I told him I am not giving her back.  We are so glad that she is ours and really believe she was meant for us.  I mean most people would not want to take a 8 year old, blind dog.  I guess we are not most people.  She really is a great dog. We did change her name.  We changed it to Foxy because she is red and white and one of the first days she just looked like a fox all curled up.  I guess we could have named her Lucky, but we are the lucky ones and Foxy is too!  Now, on to my card .... I have been waiting for the store to get in these dog stamps and dies from My Favorite Things, but I decided I couldn't wait anymore because I really wanted to make Natalie a thank you card.  I made it from Foxy ... Enjoy!


 Here's Foxy ...


Thanks for letting me tell my story and I hoped you liked my card.  I want to make some more cards with this cute set of stamps.  Hopefully, I can do that this next week, well, that is after I make my next class samples!  (which I have no ideas for ...yet!)

See you soon!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com