Friday, September 20, 2013

More Card Pouches and Instructions!

Hello!  I got a few nice comments about the cards and card pouch that I showed you yesterday.  I am back today to show you my next couple of sets.  Remember the two cards that I showed you last week, the "praying for you cards"?   The ones I had made for two customers but I didn't have their addresses ... well, I decided (can we say, what was I thinking ... mistake!) that the butterfly card was so pretty, it would make a great card set, so I tore the front panel off the original card and made 3 more to match.  And I say that decision was a mistake because yesterday I got an email from the customer with her address!  I fessed up, told the truth of what I had done, and made her a very similar card and it is on the way to her.  I am telling you this mainly because when you see the cards in this post, you are going to think I have seen that before.  And you have.  I also need to tell you about how I ended up with more card pouches.  You see, I really thought the card pouches were a little bit of trouble since I had to make the pockets and all, plus, I had to have a 12 x 12 inch cardstock for them to work, so I went back to Pinterest to find another idea.  And I found this idea ...
 
 
 
This was more simple and the whole box is made from one piece of 8 1/2 x 11, which I have more of.  But, when I took it up to the church to show the ladies, they did not think I could get as much for the set of 4 cards in this box as I can in the pouch.  And I see no reason to get less money when all I have to do is make a pouch!  So pouch it is ...


And here is the set of 4 cards.  Two are exactly like the one from last week's post and two are the same but different papers and they have the sentiment "God Bless You"....


 
The only problem I found with the pouch with this set over the pouch from yesterday's post, is that I was able to add a small strip of pattern paper on the inside cardstock panels and that is because I was using a paper pad that was longer.  This paper pad is only 6" and the peach panels are 6 1/2".  I decided leaving them plain was best. You can see it here ...



When I did the cross cards yesterday, I had enough papers to do two sets of 4.  And so, I decided I could do another set out of the same paper pad, if I just change the color scheme a little and so here is pouch #2 ...


 
Here is the set of cards.  This time I used four different sentiments ... Birthday Wishes, Thanks so Much, Hi There, and Thinking of You.  My thinking is that one person could buy both sets.  Enjoy ...


I have one more picture and then I will get to the recipe and some instructions.  When I was putting the above cards back in the pockets, this happened ...

 
That might make the inside look better!  Cool!

Recipe:
Paper - We R Memory Keepers Simply Spring 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White, Yellow, Green, Peach
Stamps - Hero Arts Butterfly stamp and die cut set, all sentiments from Verve
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools - Spellbinders Lacey Circles, Stampin' Up Word Punch for Pouch
Other - Rhinestones by Queen & Co., Ribbon

Here is what I saw on Pinterest.  You have to scroll down to see hers.  She gives a link for instructions on Splitcoast Stampers and it is here.  But, this one is smaller and only will fit small square cards.  But, I was reading in the comments that someone adjusted the measurements to make A-2 size cards work!  I went with those measurements, but found that I had to do further adjusting for my pockets, as my cards that I create are thicker than most.  So, this will give you a couple of choices depending on what size cards you are making.  For mine ... here are the instructions ...

1.  Cardstock is cut to 7" x 12".  You score on the long side in the middle at 5 1/2" and 6 1/2" creating a 1" space.  Round all 4 corners.  Punch the Stampin' Up word punch thru the top of both layers to make the handle.  (I made a small mark in the middle to know where to punch and just slid the punch down about a 1/2").  Decorate the outside of your pouch.
2.  The pockets I made from cardstock - 3 3/4" x 8 1/4".  I scored 1/4" and then 1/2" on both short sides, and the same on one of the long sides.  I cut away the little squares of the two bottom corners so when I folded, it would not be bulky.  I added 1/4" score tape to the 1/4" folds and secured this to the inside of the pouch. The cardstock pieces on top of the pockets measure 6 1/2" x 2 3/4". 
3.  I added ribbon and secured it on the back side above the punched hole.  That way it is always attached even if the pouch is not tied up.

I hope between the links I gave you and my written instructions, you can recreate these.  Oh, do you agree that these pouches will bring more money than the box would have?  I guess it doesn't matter now, as I am doing the pouches no matter what.  And truthfully, they seem a little easier since I have made a couple more!  I plan on making more sets of cards with their pouches before the bazaar on Oct. 25th, so I will show you those when I get them made.

I did have one other question from yesterday about the coasters.  I was asked if they came out cloudy.  Well, I haven't sprayed them yet with the Krylon.  I have a couple that didn't come out very good and was going to trash them.  Maybe I will hold on to them and spray them first to see the results.  I will keep you posted.

I know two very long posts, two days in a row.  Thanks for staying with me!  I will see you tomorrow for the sketch share!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

2 comments:

voyager said...

Tina, these cards & pouches are beautiful!!!Thanks, too, for the instructions. Went to San Marcos convention yesterday & looked for u. I knew it was a long way for u but I always love seeing u!!
Marlene

terry said...

Love your pouch idea. Couldn't locate any directions or even a page for the first pouch on Pinterest...guess it wasnt linked up somehow. Could you chk and give us the working link for the first pouch you made , whenever you might have the time? Thanks-Terry York

 
design by suckmylolly.com