Monday, May 26, 2014

Red, White and Blue!

Hello!  The card for you today is one that I made last week to take to the Blue Star Mother's meeting.  We were packing boxes to send to the troops and we always like to put an handmade card in each box that we all sign.  Donna and I normally get together to make a card, but both her husband and her mom had surgeries, so it just never worked out.  The card I did was quite simple but it worked.  I thought today would be the perfect time to share a patriotic card since today is Memorial Day.  Enjoy!


Flag stamps ... most of them are awful because most of them are solid like this one and so when you stamp it in say, red, then the stars are red or blue, and then the stripes are blue.  This one is a clear set from Sweet Stamps.  And they actually thought ahead.  They made it where you could cut the star portion off and make it an individual stamp so stripes are red and stars are blue!  The red, white & blue sentiment is from the same set, but I decided it would be  great addition to the thank you sentiment from my stash!  The star paper is old, also from my stash.  I think it is by Echo Park.  I only had one, not quite full 12 x 12 of it.  I had enough to make 14 cards, which we could have used more, but it is what it is.  You see, all the patriotic papers and stuff was at Donna's house and so I had to work with only what I have at my house.  The other troop boxes got a signed letter.  Better than nothing.

Tina Tip:  On brand new clear solid stamp images, go over them with an eraser.  This help to lessen the bubbling up of the ink pads on the clear stamp. 

I am back to class prepping!  See you in a few days!
Happy Memorial Day and remember support our troops!
Happy Stamping!

Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com