Friday, June 17, 2016

Uncle Sam says God Bless America!

Hello!  Today is my monthly design team post for The Crafty Scrapper's blog.  Here is what they saw ... Scroll to the bottom of the post for a couple of notations from me.
 
Hello, Tina here with another creative card for you. 

In my last class, one of the cards was a triple fold card.  I thought it would be fun to show you how easy that card is to make, this time using the new Patriotic line from Photoplay.
 
I also made a fun Uncle Sam embellishment to add to the belly band of the card.
 
 






To create the card, you will need cardstock cut at 12" x 5 1/2".  Score at 2", 4, 7" and 9".
Decorate the panels.  The belly band measures 8 1/2" x 1 1/4" and is scored at 2" and 6 1/8".
 
Uncle Sam is super easy to make too!  His hat is white cardstock 1 3/8" square with two red cardstock strips of  5/16", and a dark blue horizontal piece.  I added a blue star.  I used a die, but a punch could work too.  I also used dies for both the circle and the scallop circle to create the face.  I did use a small circle punch for the nose.  The eyes and mouth are drawn with a pen.
 
Easy Peasy! 
 
 Be sure to check out my card when you are at our favorite scrapbook store!

Happy Stamping!
Tina
 
Notations from me:  I wanted to give you the link to "Uncle Sam".   I opted not to do this on The Crafty Scrapper's blog as the blogger is a Stampin' Up demonstrator and I know from owning a stamp store, it is best not to promote the home parties, even though it is a reality.  Also, you might have noticed in my description of the hat, I left out saying that the horizontal piece on the hat is the Stampin' Up word punch,. again same reasoning!  Of course, now that I don't have a store anymore, I am so happy that Stampin' Up is still around, as I get more ideas from their blogs! 
 
Today, I am off to the scrapbook convention.  I have been in a bit of a non creative slump recently, so I am hoping that I will get some good ideas and that will get me back on the creativity train!  However, I like my card today, so maybe I am already on my way!

I will see you tomorrow for the weekly sketch share!
Happy Stamping!
Tina
 
 
 
 
 


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com