Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lordy, Lordy ... Look Who's Forty!

Hello!  I am back today to show you a special card I made for Gary's oldest daughter's birthday.  She turned 40 this week, so I knew I wanted something "over the hill" but not over the top.  Let me show you my card and then I will give you the details ... enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
I saw this idea to make the card look like a cake.  But, it really gave me trouble.  It could have been just one of those days, because I had to wait for the stickles to dry overnight and the next day that I went to work on it some more, everything just seem to work.  What you see in the pic is the front.  The fold-over part of the card is 4 1/4" wide (same as above) by 3 1/2" tall, which is from the top of the black glittered line to the top of the bottom scallop.  I did this because I did not want to scallop the inside white fold-over.  The sentiment of course, is printed on the computer.  Perfect, I think for my not "too over the top, over the hill" card!  I think I like the finished card, even though it was like pulling teeth to get it to all come together.  What do you think?
 

Recipe:

Paper - Basic Grey Out of Print (floral), Bazzill Sonnet (blank print), American Crafts black glitter paper (it is hard to see it in the photo, but this glitter paper is so shiny), Cardstock White, Black (number stems), Yellow shimmer (flames, which I hand cut out ... and not very good, I might add!)

Tools - Spellbinders Petite Scallop Oval, Petite Oval, Verve Very Loopy Blooms die (got this at Christmastime, first time to use it ... love it!), MFT Simply Scallops Medium border die-namics
Other - Black Diamond Stickles glue, Rhinestones, Chipboard Numbers (BasicGrey), Gelly Roll glitter (on flames), Ribbon by May Arts
 
 
I am almost finished with my class card samples.  I should finish later today, so I will be back tomorrow to show you those.  See you then!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com