Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday Cheer!

Hello!  I am here today with one last November post!  Every month, I have participated in the year long challenge at Sketch For You to Try, where to enter in to win the big gift basket, you have to do Jen delMuro's sketch every single month.  I have done all 10 up to now, so there is no way, I would skip out now.  But, I sure did make it close, considering I only had today or tomorrow to post it and link it up at her blog!  But it is done, and here is my card and the sketch.  Enjoy!



I have looked at this sketch for a few weeks, thinking it looked like a hard one.  Not!  Now, that it is done, I love it!  I used the same set of stamps on today's card that I used on the Center Step Card that I recently taught at The Crafty Scrapper.  To remind you, here is that card ...
I was thinking that I would do several more of these for one of my Christmas cards, and I think I still will.  But, I was also wondering about how it would turn out as just a regular card.  So, that is how today's card came about.  Going with the sketch, the center panel which is the focal point, had to be smaller than the center step card, but I still like it.  How about you?  I'll have to figure out which card, the step card, or the regular A-2 takes more of the pattern paper, and that is the one I will go with for the card to send out.  Because after teaching, I have very little left over paper.  I do also have a 6 x 6 pad though, that could be used, the patterns would be smaller.  You know that could be good for the A-2 card.  I will check it out!

Recipe:

Paper - Jillibean Soup - Christmas Eve Chowder Line: “Salt & Pepper” (both sides), “Dried Green Onion” (both sides), Cardstock White, Dark Brown
Stamps - Hero Arts Reindeer Stamp & Die Cut Set
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Reindeer Set, Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Oval Cuttlebug Dot embossing folder
Other - Rhinestones, Quicky Glue Pen, Crystal Glitter

Oh, one more thing, I forgot to talk about his sweater that I created.  You see the stamp is not an open image that you usually would need to paper piece.  Here is the reindeer stamped out:









So, what I had to do to create the sweater was to stamp the middle part of the reindeer on a piece of cardstock and cut this out, so I could create a template.  I adhered the template to the pattern paper and cut out around it and then adhered that over the polka dot sweater part.  I purposely left the sweater bands and colored them in to make sure it kept the sweater "look".  I hope this makes sense.  I can see this is where a visual tutorial would help!   Maybe in the future!  Speaking of tutorials, I realized I have not done one on the Center Step Card for the blog.  I know I will be making this card for at least one of my holiday cards.  I promise to give you a full tutorial at that time!

That's it for me today.  I will see on Saturday for the share. 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Really super cute and a great take on the SFYTT.

 
design by suckmylolly.com