Friday, December 2, 2011

Thinking of You In this Time of Loss!

Hello!  Today I have a card to show you but for a very sad occasion.  I have talked about the little local scrapbook store out here that the owners, a mother and daughter duo, run out of their garage.  In fact, I was just there for a card class on Tuesday.  On Wednesday, the daughter, Lisa, who is in her 40's, passed away.  She has had previous health problems but this was very unexpected.  And, I am very sad.  Lisa was one of the most generous and kindest people I have ever met.  So, when you say your prayers, please pray for this family.  Mae, Lisa's mom, had a very tight bond with her daughter, as did Nicki, Lisa's daughter, who graduated from high school last summer and is now attending college in Athens.  I have even met the hubby, Bubba, also a very kind person.  There are, of course, more family and even the family of scrapbookers.  There little store had that feel, the feel we all look for: when you walked in, they made you feel like family.  My hope is that Mae will continue the store, as Lisa loved it so.  But, prayers are definitely needed to give this family strength to go forward.  Now, here is the card I made.  Enjoy the card...

I left it blank on the inside and wrote a note.  I used a sketch I have done before.  Actually, the other cards I made with this sketch were sympathy cards as well.  Which is kinda weird.  It is such a great layout.  I really should do a fun birthday card or something, instead of only doing sympathy cards with it.  The cross was a stamp I got forever ago.  It is a clear individual stamp from Stampendous.  It was a perfect fit.  But, then I still thought the panel needed something so after the sentiment was stamped and the cross added, I tried stamping a swirl design in Versamark, but it did not show up on the cream, so I went to plan B, and added the black corner sticker.  It worked, and then when I added the larger corner stickers, I felt it all came together.  What do you think?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Mabel 6 x6 pad, Cardstock Cream
Stamps - Sentiment by Impression Obsession, Cross by Stampendous
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle Spellbinders
Other - Ribbon by May Arts, Pearls by Queen & Co., Corner Stickers by Magenta

I will be back tomorrow with the Saturday sketch share.  I also finished the gift project I have been working on to give to my stamping friends that I crop with monthly.  They will be receiving them tonight, so I will work on a post to show you what I made.  They came out great.  Wait until you see!

Also, thanks for being here to listen in sad and happy times!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com