Friday, June 8, 2012

Be Still!

Hello!  Today I don't have a card to show you but I do have a corner bookmark that I made a bunch of to give out to some of the church ladies.  You see, this little church I joined down here last year, is having their first United Methodist Women's meeting this Saturday, and they asked me to the devotion.  I love the scripture, "Be still and know that I am God".  And I knew I had a stamp of it in a pretty font from Verve, I decided it would be perfect to make something to give out along with my devotion about the scripture.  I had never made one of these bookmarks, but I had remembered seeing them, and thinking they were kinda cool.  I found the instructions here on Splitcoast.  So easy to make.  Here it is.  Enjoy!



What do you think?  I wanted to make them all alike (only made 15), so I found this cardstock color that I had several sheets of and went to find paper to go with it.  (Opposite of how I usually do.)  I ended up with this floral paper from Daisy D's (they are out of business) that I got at least 2 years ago (figured I wouldn't miss it!).  A lot of the bookmarks I saw had a tied bow with the ribbon.  I opted to just do the ribbon, so that it would not be so bulky.  I added a little bulk when I added the pearls.  But, you know I can't resist that part!!  I didn't have the perfect color pearls, which is crazy since just last week, I spent $40 in the Queen & Co booth buying all kinds of colors of pearls and rhinestones.  These were white, and I hit them with a copic marker to change the color.  Could have saved the $40?? Maybe, but you know I will use them all and in a few months I will be wishing I bought more!  The bookmark is so simple to make.  It is a 4 x 4 inch square, with two folds to create the V at the top, and then a punch along the bottom and decorate.  You also cut a 2 3/4 inch square and cut in half for the top (this piece is behind my Spellbinders Picot Circle) and the other half for the backside covering up your tape that holds it together.  This is the backside...












It was suggested to put more pattern paper on the backside to cover up the ribbon that is wrapped around.  But, I eliminated this step by attaching the ribbon under the floral piece instead.  What do you think?  Will the ladies like them?  I think so!

See you tomorrow for the Saturday Sketch Share. 
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com