Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Daisy Thanks!

Hello!  I have had cards ready to show you for two days.  All I had to do was write the posts.  Doesn't sound hard ... but it must be since it is now evening on the second day and I am just now getting around to it.  I spent this morning doing something creative but not homemade!  You see, I had gotten an offer from Norwegian Cruise Line, who we went with on our cruise in March, to create a photo book from Shutterfly.  I want to do a "real" scrapbook of our trip but I know I still haven't done the last two on my list, one from the Alaska cruise or our Texas RV trip both from almost 3 years ago.  So, since they offered me this free book, I figured I should take advantage and I can still do a "real" scrapbook later.  So, I uploaded pics, chose layouts, picked colors, added elements and text, and made what I think, is a very nice creative digital book.  I will post pics after I get the finished book in the mail.  Now, let's get to today's card, which is "real"!  I made this last week, but had to wait until my friend received it.  It is another copic colored card.  Enjoy!
 



I am so proud of how this came out.  And, I think I was very creative when it came to my copic coloring.  You see, I picked these papers because it looked like the colors on my copic chart would match the colors in the papers.  But, I soon found out that my copic colors were much brighter than the muted paper colors ... so what did I do?  Well, I tone down the colors by going over them with an E color, specifically E31.  I was worried that was a no-no, until I compared notes with friends and I got the thumbs up!  Yipee!  I love all the elements on the card too, especially the little pearls (Y02 on top of white pearls) on the teacup and the daisy die and the twine.  What do you think?  Pretty?  Did I do good?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Indie Chic 6 x 6 pad called Nutmeg, Cardstock Teal, White, Kraft
Stamps - Inky Antics Daisy Bouquets and Simple Sentiments clear sets
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools - Spellbinders: Labels 16, Classic Circle, Lacey Circle, My Favorite Things: Upsy Daisy
Other - Twine by The Twinery, Pearls, Corner Rounder

My second post ... I am writing right now and will schedule it for tomorrow morning.

Happy Stamping!
Tina






0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com