Thursday, July 19, 2012

Chicken Love!

Hello! Today's card I made by request. Remember, I have my cards in a gift shop in a local store? Well, the lady that owns that store asked me to make a humorous card for her parents anniversary. I think I mentioned I could do something with love birds and I think that is when she changed it to chickens instead. Inky Antics has a cute chicken couple, but she asked me on Friday and wanted the card by Saturday, so no ordering for me. I found I had one chicken stamp, so I had to make it work. I kinda had a hard time, but in the end, it came out good. And I happy to say she loved it and even said she would pay me double. I didn't argue! Here is my little chickadee card ... enjoy!



O.k. let's talk about what I had to do to make one chicken into two different looking chickens!  First, I masked off the rooster qualities on one of the stampings, so one would be a guy and one would be a girl.  I just used a post it note over the two areas I didn't want, when I inked it up.  I also needed the two to look at each other.  So, in case you don't know how to make a reverse image  ... I stamped the inked up image onto a shadow stamp (which is a solid rectangle rubber image) and then stamped that rectangle on the paper.  This gave me a reverse image.  The only issue here is that it doesn't come out as dark as the original first stamping.  I tried to go over the chicken a little with a thin tipped marker, but I could see I was not doing that great of a job, so I quit.  It's unlikely that the recipient will even notice, at least I hope not!  One more thing, about this stamp ... I think it was supposed to be running, and so it had these little dots around the image, like sweat?  Anyway, I didn't like them, so I took a exacto knife and cut them away!  I went around and around trying to decided what to color the chickens, but when I found the paper, I knew I could just leave them white with some shadowing, that did it!  The die at the bottom was added at the last minute, but I love it.  It really needed something below the chickens, and I was afraid of drawing in grass or dirt, thinking I might mess up the card, so my choice was the right one!  It is a larger card that my usual, as she wanted to add some 4 x 6 pics in with the card.  The inside sentiment I did on the computer.  What do you think, do you like it?

Recipe:

Paper - Webster's Pages Clean & Simple Line: Game On, Tailgate, Cardstock White (Bazille ... had to buy a sheet of 12 x 12 to make this 4 x 6 size card), Red, Kraft
Stamps - Inky Antics Chicken
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools -Spellbinders Petite Scallop Ovals, Petite Ovals, Heart, My Favorite Things Simple Squiggle Border die-namics
Other - Scor-Tape sheets, Ritz Glitz glitter by Elizabeth Crafts, Ribbon, Rhinestones by Bazille and Queen & Co.

You have seen me every day and I have another one for you tomorrow, and of course, Saturday with the share.   Which is great, because next week I will be prepping for my class.  And you know how that goes with me and my blog!  See you tomorrow!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com