Monday, July 16, 2012

Keep the Wind in Your Sails!

Hello!  The first card I am going to show you this week is to celebrate Ryan, my Godson's birthday today.  Unfortunately, I had to make the card a belated birthday card even though it went in the mail a week ago.  My Godson is in the Marines in Afghanistan so he won't see his card for at least two more weeks.  So, on the inside I wrote that it was a combination "hang in there, I'm proud of you, and happy birthday"!  That way, only part of the card is late ... yea, right... that is my story and I am sticking to it!  Let me show you ... enjoy!




The sailboat bunny part was made several months ago for a Saturday share swap.  I guess I made three, two were sent for the swap and the third has been in a basket on my desk ever since.  I came across it and remembered that there was a good "stay strong" type sentiment in the set and I thought it would make a good card for Ryan.  I found more of the blue check paper and added some red check to it to complete it.  Do you see the horizontal panel where the twine is?  I had thought I would make this a straight piece all the way across.  Well, I forgot my plan, and I cut it to the same size as the bunny panel.  So, then I added the cut pieces on either side below the bunny panel.  I like it.  Maybe even more than the planned way!  Can we say "happy mistake"?  What do you think?  Do you like the card?

Recipe

Paper - Blue check and Red Stripe is Echo Park: Little Boy line, Red Check is Pebbles: Happy Go Lucky line - Delight, Cardstock White, Red, Blue
Stamps - My Favorite Things Smooth Sailing Flopsey
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol (Bunny was already colored in my stash, so I didn't have to decide whether to use pencils or copics!)
Tools - My Favorite Things Waves, Tab Die-Namics
Other - Twine by The Twinery, Pearls by Queen & Co.

See you tomorrow!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com