Wednesday, September 9, 2015

September Class Share!

Hello!  I am teaching again in just two weeks. I tried to make my card samples early, knowing I would be gone for several days last week, but I only got two of the four done, so this week, I finished them up.  Yes, four cards are in this class.  Back in the summer at the scrapbook show, the owner of Art Impressions talked me in to teaching a class with some of their product but I put it off until now because I really wanted to play with their holiday stamps and dies.  I knew I wanted to also do a Halloween card this month.  On my teaching day last month, an order came in from Inky Antics!  Perfect timing and oh, such cute images that I knew would be a great class addition!  Here are my cards for September's class ...enjoy!

First, is the pretty fall card with a set of stamps Art Impressions call TryFolds ...


 I did a little bit of water coloring with a water brush and some ink pads.  I am pretty pleased with  how it came out.  It is pretty as a picture.  I do want to note, that I bought some 90 lb. watercolor paper for this card project, but I didn't like how the images stamped onto the rough surface.  I also found I love the crisp white in contrast with the pretty fall colors.  Below is how it looks when the front to open ...
 


I wanted a way for it to stay closed, so I opted for a little Velcro!  It works!  Here is the foldover card opened ...

Next up, is the Halloween card with those adorable stamps from Inky Antics.  Here is the front ...


And this is what you see, when you open the card ...



And then you open the orange flap, and this is what you see ...


I told you there were some adorable creepy crew images and fun folds too! 

Now, to the Christmas ones. The set I used had both snowman and penguin front and back images.  I couldn't decide which one to use, so I decided to two do cards so I could make one with each image set.  As you know, ever since my June class of shaker cards, I have been addicted to the shakers!  So, I couldn't resist doing one of those here ...


 Okay, now have you been wondering why I was calling them Front and Backs?  Here is the inside of the card ...

 How adorable is that?

The second card is similar but no shaker, just an open hole.  The front  ...


 And the back ...




I think it will be a great class.  If you are interested in coming or would like a kit, please call The Crafty Scrapper at 972-923-3151.

Here are the class details ...

Holiday Kick-Off 2015 - Wed. Sept. 23rd 11:00 a.m. and Sat. Sept. 26th 2:30 p.m.-In this class, you will be using some product  "just in" from Art Impressions and Inky Antics to create four fun, creative cards.  There is one for Halloween with a creepy crew of adorable images, one for Fall that is pretty as a picture, and then two Christmas cards showing two different ways to use the front and back stamps.  Please bring adhesive to include scor-tape (any size), detailed scissors and your preferred coloring medium for three of the cards.  For the fall one, please bring either colored pencils or your preferred watercolor medium.  I used a water brush and distress inks, which you are welcome to share mine in class.  If you want to bring your own, I would suggest fall colors of either pens or pads.  And a water brush if using pads.  My copic list: card 1: V15. YG03, BG32, YR14, C0, C5, C7, R05, E00, E33, R21, card 3: C0, R21, E77, R59, B000, B95,B97, card 4: C7, YR15, R24.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

P.S.  I usually send an email to my class takers, but there seems to be something up with AOL today, but hopefully, it will get fixed real soon!


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com