Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Rain or Shine!

Hello!  I got a chance to work on some cards yesterday and it seems the creative mojo was with me, as I was on a roll.  I think I ended up with five by the time I quit last night!  Awesome, as there are some days, I just can't come up with one idea, let alone five!  Of the five, today's card is by far my least favorite, but I am showing it to you anyway, as it addresses a stamping issue I commented about in last Thursday's post.  Let me show you the card, and then I will explain.  Enjoy!  


First, I do want to say, that in person the umbrella colors really match the colors in the paper, which is not how it appears here.  Last week, I was having trouble with solid images in clear polymer and I made a comment about it.  Paula made a comment on my post that she likes to stamp with Ranger Archival Ink first to "cure" the stamp.  That same day, another friend, suggested I try stamping in Versamark before stamping with my choice of ink.  Since, I don't own the Ranger Archival Ink and I do own Versamark, I decided to try that method first.  It worked.  And I have a little example to show you below.  The one on the left is Marvy Matchable only and the one on the right is with the Versamark first.  ...







Did you notice I used the same sketch we did last Saturday?  I guess it was still in my head!  Have you ever tried using the Versamark first? 

Recipe:
Paper - Clouds from My Minds Eye Love Me Do line: "Head in the Clouds", Stripe from 3 Bugs in a Rug Chloe line: "Stripe Chloe", Pink Dot from Pebbles Basics line: "Begonia Dot" (all three are from my stash, but the Pebbles paper was purchased recently), Cardstock White, Pink, Aqua
Stamps - The Stamps of Life Umbrella 4 You
Ink - Memento Black, Versamark, Marvy Matchables in Turquoise and Rose Pink, Copics

Tools - The Stamps of Life Umbrella die, Spellbinders Labels 1, Classic Scallop Circle, Classic Circle
Other - Rhinestones by Want 2 Scrap

I will be back tomorrow with the birthday card I made for my hubby.  Tomorrow is his birthday and MINE!


Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com