Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday's Sketch Share!

Hello!  I am back today with another share, and another sketch with a choice of circle or square.  Both Debbie and I stuck to what we have been doing the last several months, me with a square but a small one (4 1/4" square), and Debbie with a circle one.  Both cards are great!  The sketches, as you will see below, showed placement of flowers.  I am usually one to follow the sketch down to a T, but this time, I substituted those flowers for the theme of my card.  Let me show you.  First mine, and then Debbie's and then the sketch choices.  Enjoy!  
 
 
 

My Card

Debbie's Card


The Sketches
Both cards are so fun ... love all the great colors!  And of course, I love my puny sentiments ... spintastic ...silly, but so fun!   I do want to talk about one more thing.  In the past, when I have made circle cards, I make them in two pieces and adhere them together.  In other words, if I had made Debbie's circle card, I would have cut two fancy circles out and scored the back one at the top to adhere to the front one.  Debbie did hers differently and I took a picture of the inside so you could see ...
 
 
The decorative one is only on the front and she made a two part circle card by creating a scored card and then laying her die cut slightly above the fold so it would stay together when the die cut is removed.  I love this idea and it gives me an idea when I am trying to die cut those decorative dies ...hmmm.... will have to play around with this idea!  Thanks Debbie!

Today I am off "parading" with the Blue Star Mothers in the Polka Festival parade in Ennis.  Remember soldiers past and present this Memorial Day weekend.  Have a great one!

Next week is my teaching week, but I already have a few cards ready to show you.  I just need to write the posts!

Happy Stamping!

Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com