Saturday, November 30, 2013

Saturday's Sketch Share!

Hello!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.  We did.  Lots of great food, and fun times.  But, with all the food making, I never got back to my shack to make any Thanksgiving cards.  That means I had new stamps for Halloween and Thanksgiving that didn't get inked up ... but they don't go bad, and so I will look to using them next year.  For today's share, Debbie did one more Thanksgiving card (at least you got Thanksgiving from her!).  I of course, did another Christmas card for my stash.  I think I am up to about 40 cards that can be sent.  Not bad, with a few weeks to go.  Let's do today's cards... I will show you my card, Debbie's card, and the sketch we both used.  Enjoy!

My Card

Debbie's Card
 
The Sketch
I think this is a sketch that I did last year when it first came out.  At first glance, I seems ... a little complicated, but when you get all the pieces placed, I really like it. You know I love the ones with more pieces as they are so different from the clean and simple style that I am not crazy about.  And I think it is like that only because they all look alike.  This one is definitely doesn't look like all the rest.  Your thoughts?

Oh, I do have one quick share of a handmade item ... yesterday, my granddaughter wanted to help making something for school ... she wanted to make a girls and boys pass for the restroom for her math class.  This is what we came up with ...

The base is a very heavy chipboard.  We found these two papers in my stash and thought they would be perfect.  The letters are from an alphabet die set.  They measure 2 1/2" x 7".  They are not the size I think I would have gone with, but it is what she wanted.  Easy Peasy! 
This next week is my teaching week and so I am afraid you will not see me until late in the week.  This class is the tag, gift card, gift bag class, and there is going to be lots of die-cutting prep work.  The last of the kids are going home today and I am sure, I will start prepping this afternoon.  I will be back tomorrow with the Sunday words of wisdom.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com