Friday, November 1, 2013

Assorted Post-It Notes with Measurements!

Hello!  My friend Donna and I got back from our little getaway yesterday, but I didn't get back out to my room to make you any Halloween goodies and so no post for me yesterday.  I am a little disappointed with myself that I didn't get any Halloween cards made to send.  But, something had to get marked off the list for October and Halloween cards was what it ended up being.  Today, I do have some more craft bazaar items that I made.  I have to share these as they make great gifts for any day of the year.  I, of course, got all the ideas from Pinterest.   I have four kinds of note holders to show you.  All of them use assorted designer papers and various sentiments from my stash.  I will be showing you a couple of pictures of each kind, followed by their measurements and instructions.  First up, are the ones that hold the standard 3 inch size post it notes.  

 
Inside view ...

Colored cardstock is cut to 3" x 6 1/2" and is scored at 3" and 3 1/2".  One note from me: next time I make these, I think I might measure the depth of my post it notes and only make the gap that tall, so it will fold tighter.  But, it still worked.  Now, you need to make a small slit on the front cover, slightly to the left of your first score line.  They suggested a ribbon slot punch, but I don't have one of these.  So, I simply made a small cut with an exacto knife.  Worked fine.  Insert your ribbon thru the slot and attach your post it notes to the back cover with strong adhesive.  The front and back covers are Spellbinders Large Scallop Square (the second largest) and you simply adhere them over the fold-over.  Add pattern paper and decorate.  That is it!  Easy Peasy!  On to the next style ...


Inside view ...

 
At a dollar store in Tyler, I purchased these post it notes that were a 4 inch square.  Their depth was as least one inch high.  At first, I thought they were just notepads, but when I realized they were post it notes, I decided to just tear off about a 1/4" of them and make them into multiple holders.  So, all I did was create a fold-over where I would have a 1/4" double score line above and below the notes. My meaurements for this one is 4" x 9 1/2" with score lines at 2", 2 1/4", 6 1/4", & 6 1/2".  I added pattern papers and then on the 3" end, I used a Spellbinders die to create the edge.  Added the Basic Grey magnets to hold it together, added a stamp quote and voila... done!  Easy Peasy ... again!

Next, is a similar created holder with some store bought note pads.  I have had these notepads since last January as they came with some calendars that I got from Dollar General to use for a class. 

 
Since they had cupcakes on them, I made it the theme!  Below is the pattern papers I picked and the sentiment I used (from Reverse Confetti) onto a Spellbinders Labels One die.  On this one I just  added foam tape behind the sentiment panels only on the lower portion so the top flap could just slip behind it and hold the note card holder together. 


And last but not least ... I made a few of these ...

 
This one was super simple!  All I did was die cut the largest size Spellbinders Scallop Square, add a square of pattern paper, and the post it notes.  Then I added a smaller size Spellbinders Scallop Circle behind and added a flower or butterfly as an accent.  The ones I saw on Pinterest did not add this circle to place the accent piece on it, but I thought it was a good idea.  Here is a close-up look ...
 
And here is a back view, so you can see the circle and the magnet I added on the backside.  I am not sure where these magnet strips came from, but they worked perfectly for these. 

 
That is it!  If you have any questions, just let me know!  I will be back tomorrow for the Saturday Sketch Share!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com