Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas! Treats & Gifts!

Merry Christmas!  I promised you a post yesterday to show you a couple of handmade treat bags, but didn't get it written, so I am rolling that post into this one and showing you treat bags and the last three cards I made for gift cards.  First up, it the treat bag that Donna and I made together to give to our friends on the last crop night.  Donna found this pin here on pinterest.  You will see on the right side of the blog post, there is a link to take you to the tutorial.  We had got these adorable solar elves and santas that we wanted to put in the boxes, so we needed a little space for them to fit.  I adjusted the measurements just a little bigger, but not enough that it changed the look of the box.  Let me show you our treat box ...
 
 
The Front

The inside
The decorations on the outside came about as I had a bunch of these snowflake pattern paper circles cut out already.  They were the left overs from the snow globe card that I taught in my October card class.  We decided on the Hero Arts reindeer, as it would be easy ... this set comes with a die to match, so no fussy cutting.  All the pieces were cut, and the box still needed "something", that is when we decided an embossed background would do the trick.  So, we just added one more layer of red embossed with a folder she had.  (I think it was from Lifestyle Crafts).  Then we went to the closure.  We first thought ribbon.  But quickly found out, ribbon was not the way to go, and when we added the simple red twine, we decided ... perfect!  I love how these came out!

I have one more treat box to show you.  I had the store order for me a stamp from My Favorite Things of the a girl holding a nail polish bottle.  So cute and I knew it would be adorable to make something for the lady that does my pedicures.  This is what I came up with!  Enjoy!

 
I just made a small box and used two Spellbinders dies for the tall sides.  One in cardstock and one in pattern paper.  She loved it and so do I! 

Next, I want to show you three more cards I made for the three older grand kids.  The two younger grand kids I sent their money in the gift holders I taught in my class ... I had kits leftover and I figured I might as well put them to good use.  But, for the three older ones ... here's the deal, we usually give them money, plus some kind of cd they ask for.  But, this year, we didn't find out what cd they wanted so we got them a Target gift card and I knew if I just had a envelope for them, they would immediately know what was up.   So, I decided to make the cards to perfectly fit in a cd case and then I would wrap it as a cd and they wouldn't know what was going on until they unwrapped it.  It worked ... I heard the 17 year old say that he didn't know what cd we got him, that he couldn't remember telling us!  Here are the three inside the cases ... enjoy!


And here they are individually ...



 
And here is the inside with the gift card slot.  I saw this tip on pinterest ... it was so easy to make a gift card slot with the Stampin' Up word punch.  Wow, you think I would have thought of that idea before!  The set I used for the cards is the new set I ordered from The Cat's Pajamas.  So glad I got to ink it up for more cards this year!


That is it for the holidays for me ... no more Christmas images to be stamped ... woo hoo!  My room is a total disaster!  I am ready to get it cleaned up and things put away, especially all the Christmas papers, stamps, and stuff. 

I do have to make a couple of sympathy cards for my stepdaughter's guy's dad who passed away early this morning, so when I get those done, I will have them to show you.  And, I must get this week's share card done for Saturday.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! 
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com