Monday, December 16, 2013

From Rags to Riches? No, It Is Tags to Wishes!

Hello!  I had three kits left from my last class, so I decided to turn the three tags into cards that I could send!  After all, pieces were already cut and stamped, I just had to do a little creative creating. 
 
The first tag was the snow globe penguin tag (you will see it below).  I decided I would want to add it to a card base, but it took up most of the front of the card, so I thought of a card that I taught back in March, seen here. This card has a pop-up easel in the middle of the card.  It is perfect to showcase the snow globe!  Let me show you with instructions to follow.  Enjoy!


Penguin Card

Card Front Closed
 
Penguin Tag
Making this folded card is super simple.  All you do is make a regular A-2 size fold-over card.  Cut 
1 1/4" on either end only up to the score line.  Glue these two down to base.  (On closed card, you see the red/white pattern paper strips). Score just the middle section at 2" from the top fold.  This creates your easel. I added black cardstock here, so you can see this behind the snow globe when the card is closed.  The snow globe is only adhered on the before portion of the score line.  I popped up the inside sentiment, creating a stop for the globe.
 
Recipe:
Paper - Kaiser Craft Santa's List Line: "Plum Pudding", Cardstock White, Red, Black
Stamps - Darcie's Christmas Note, Inside Sentiment from Verve
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools - Cuttlebug Polka Dot embossing folder, Impression Obsession Snow globe die, Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circle
Other - Quicky Glue Pen, Clear Glitter, Rhinestones

Next, is the ornament tag turned into ornament card ... enjoy!


Ornament Card

Ornament Tag
As you can see, my card is very much like my tag.  Really, the only differences is that I made a larger aqua panel, and extended the sentiment red/cream panels to take up more space on the card.  This sketch is actually a variation of one that will be next week's sketch with Debbie. 

Recipe:
Paper - Pink Paislee Snow Village Line: " Buttered Rum", Cardstock Aqua, Cream Red, Gold
Stamps - A Muse
Ink - Memento Black, Copics (onto glitter)
Tools - Elizabeth Crafts Ornament Dies, Cuttlebug Polka Dot embossing folder, Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circle, Classic Circle
Other - Glitz Ritz Glitter - Highlight Cool, Scor-tape in sheets, Gold cord from May Arts, Red Ribbon

The third tag is a round tag, which I originally thought I would leave as a round card, but then changed my mind and made the circles a little smaller to fit on a card and this is the result.  Enjoy!

Ornament Card


Ornament Tag

The card base pattern paper is the backside of the pink snowflake paper and I had just enough to make these three cards.  And the ribbon is not the exact same color, but it works! 

Recipe:

Paper - Crate Paper Bundled Up line: "Winter" (Pink/backside Words), "Sledding" (Dots), Cardstock Green, Cream
Stamps - Sentiment from AMuse

Ink - Memento Black
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circle, Classic Circle, Impression Obsession Tree Border die
Other - Glitter strips from Elizabeth Crafts, Double Dot ribbon from Bo Bunny

What do you think?  Do you like my three cards, switched from tags?  I love how all three came out!

I have another set of three cards to show you ... will be back tomorrow or the next day!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com