Sunday, January 4, 2015

January Class Share!

Hello!  As you know, I finished my January class project a few days ago, but I put off showing you here, so that I could get through the other posts that I had planned for the end of the year, like the three posts of favorite cards, projects and sketches.  So, if you missed the last few posts, make sure you check them out.  As in years past, my January class is one that I don't make the usual three cards but do some other kind of project instead.  I think it happens this way because I like to use new products in the store, but being that they just did a year end sale, there is not a lot new yet.  In fact, the designer paper I got for my project is from Pebbles, their Valentine line from 2014.  And I used a Pure Innocence stamp that may or may not still be available to order from My Favorite Things.  I don't think any of this will matter when they see what we are making because it is a "wow" project.  When I still had my store, I remember that one of the teachers taught an explosion box and I always thought that it was really cool.  I don't really remember what it looked like, or how the one they made it, I just remember thinking someday, I am going to make one of those!  And now I have, and anyone can too, if they take my class or buy a kit!  Woo Hoo!  Let me show you ... enjoy!

Here is the box closed ...

 
The top of the box has a heart easel, so that it will go flat for mailing or packaging ...


And the best part ....



The Explosion part ....



Wait for it .....  (hee, hee!)



This is what you see when you take the box lid off ...


 
 
I say "Wow"!  It also has 24, yes 24, pockets to add sentiments, notes, or photos!  How cool is that?  Of course, the best part is that small box you will make in the bottom middle with those chocolate hearts in it!  Yummy!  Okay, I hear you ... you are saying this is too hard to make.  You have to believe me, it is not.  A few steps, but pretty darn easy.  If you are interested in coming to class, or live locally so that you could pick up your kit at The Crafty Scrapper, call the store to sign up at 972-923-3151.  Or you can order online at www.thecraftyscrapper.com.  If you want a kit, but don't live close enough to the store to pick it up, and would like me to mail you one, send me a message.
 
Here are the class details -
 
Explosion Box of Love!  Wed. Jan. 28th 11:00 a.m. and Sat. Jan. 31st 2:30 p.m.  $28
Come make this awesome explosion box with a heart theme, which would be perfect to give to that special someone for Valentine's Day or other occasions!  The box lid has a double heart pop-up, but can be folded flat if needed.  Then, when the box is opened, they will say "wow"!  There are 24 pockets for notes or photos.  And, included is another box right in the middle with four chocolate hearts!  This project looks hard to make, but really is simple.  Included in the class, will be every measurement so that you can recreate this special box again and again.  I will also bring stamps for you to decorate the pocket cards.  Please bring adhesive to include 1/8" scor-tape, small paper cutter or a ruler and a pencil (for just a few small cuts), detailed scissors, and your preferred coloring medium, (copics I used for those who want to know ahead of time: E00, E35, E37, E43, C2, R000, R35, R32.  All other supplies provided.
 
I do want to talk about one more thing ...you might notice above that my class price is higher.  I am having to increase all my classes to $28.  For my three years of teaching, I received my class fee less 5% to cover the credit card expenses that the store incurs.  It seems every teacher now also pays a consignment fee to cover electricity, advertising, etc, so instead of 5%, it will be 20%.  I want to be fair to all the ladies that take my classes and not make them do a huge jump in fees, so I decided on the $28 amount.  It is a little less take home for me, but not too much more for my customers.  I appreciate everyone's support of me and my classes. 
 
See you tomorrow for my big giveaway!!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com