Friday, June 19, 2015

Simple Guy Cards!

Hello!  The cards I have for you today are actually ones I made for The Crafty Scrapper's design team blog.  I made them in mind hoping that they would be on their blog before this weekend since it's Father's Day, but the design team coordinator is having some personal stuff going on and is a little behind.  I am hoping that I don't get in trouble here, but I decided to go ahead and show you the cards here on my blog before Father's Day.  I was given a 6 inch pad by KaiserCraft called Scrap Yard.  All the pages are just mostly designs in manly colors and I thought making some simple guy cards for any occasion would be a great idea. Here they are ... enjoy! 
The first card I made by just cutting the pages into 1 1/4 inch squares to create a background.
 


 






















The next one, I added embossing in two ways, first by using embossing folders and then by embossing with ink and clear embossing powder.  Both of these methods added more texture to the papers, which gives it a different look.



 
For the third card, I used larger panels of papers.  On the first three cards, I used the punch out sentiments in the back of the pad.  As you know, I have "a lot" of word stamps, so for my own cards, I usually do a stamped sentiment, but I do things differently sometimes for the cards I create for the scrapbook store. 
 
 

A couple of the papers in the pad, had a metallic finish,  so I decided those would be perfect for this last card. 
Now, if you changed the papers on any of the cards I showed you today, they could be transformed into simple "gal" cards instead of "guy" ones!  Wow, that is a thought, isn't it?
 
I am off today to go to the scrapbook convention with friends.  I will let you know how it was when I see you tomorrow for the share card.  

Happy Stamping!
Tina
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com