Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pretty in Purple!

Today is a big day because I am moving my mom from the nursing home she has been in for 3 years to a nursing home down here by where my hubby & I moved to last August. My mom has dementia and is 94. So, moving her could be bad or it might be o.k. But instead of her being 2 hours away, she will be 10 minutes. Yea! A couple of days ago, I decided that I should make a thank you card and leave it with the nurses and the aides of the nursing home she is moving from. Today's card is the result. I saw a similar layout on one of the blogs. With their layout, the card was supposed to open horizontally, which is what I intended when I first started working on it. But, somewhere along the way, I decided to turn it. And, I love the result. As you will see, I used two different cuttlebug folders, my labels 8, two sizes of circle nestibillities and a Martha Stewart border punch. The flowers are from a clear set from Hero Arts. This set is one of my favorites! The thank you sentiment is from Stampin Up. (which set, I have no idea because all the word stamps I put with all the other company word stamps). Before I even started the card, I had decided on the purple and yellow colors. I think it is odd, because even though I like purples, I tend to pick pinks instead. But, I am glad I went with these colors and I love how it came out! Enjoy!


Tiny clear rinestones are added to the centers of the flowers for accent. And two larger purple rinestones are in the top two corners.

Happy Stamping! Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com