Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rainy Day Mimi!

In yesterday's post, I said to look for another card soon using DeNami's stamps with their Mimi images. Well, here it is! This particular Mimi stamp is pretty tall, making it difficult to fit all the elements into an A-2 size card. So, I decided to go a little bigger. I had in my mind to use the layout that I showed you in my January 10th post. (the card with the owl) But, I changed it up a little because I decided that on the circle behind the Mimi panel, I wanted to have room to stamp out some clouds. The cloud stamps are from a clear set from The Cats Pajamas. I stamped the clouds in a light blue from Marvy. And colored them in with white colored pencils. Actually, Mimi is also colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol. This is my favorite coloring method, the way almost all my cards are colored. A friend suggested I add lacquer (Glossy Accents) to her boots, which I do like. She also thought I should add some rain puddles. Well, they are there, but I can't say I like them that much. But I decided I should just go with it because it seemed like too much trouble to redo the whole Mimi panel.

Before I share my card, I have to tell you how I happened to put Mimi with what I think is the perfect word greeting for her. As said before, I found Mimi at the DeNami booth at the convention. She was in my basket to buy but I decided to put her back and not get her. Because all I could think of is her as a get well card and frankly, I do not make many of them. Much later in the day, actually not too long before the convention was to close for the day, I was in the Endless Creations booth with a friend and I came across this wonderful stamp that says "When life give you clouds and rain, watch for the rainbows". I instantly thought of Mimi with the umbrella! I rushed over to get her from the DeNami booth! They are perfect together! The coolest part is that I am finally seeing how all my stamps can work together. I know you are probably thinking, duh ... but you have to realize with having the store, I tend to see stamps within their particular companies! It's a breakthrough! Woo Hoo!

Now on to my card ...Leave comments... please!!



This blogger girl is on a roll - 5 days in a row. I will have another post for you tommorrow - so see ya then! Happy Stamping! Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com