Thursday, January 14, 2010

Two New Cards Made & Sent!

We are doing pretty good here ... only 4 days since my last post and I already have a couple of new cards made and sent out. Someday, I hope to get ahead and have cards already made to pick from. The way it should work is that I make a card. I show it to you on my blog. I put it in a box. I need a card. I go to the box for choices. I send it out. That is still part of the 2010 resolution list. But, at least the part about blogging more I am doing better! Yea! I needed a birthday card for my stepson (turning 37). I used a new stamp that I just bought last weekend at the stamp convention. It was an unmounted stamp which I put the EZ Mount cushion with cling on it. Actually, you would be proud of me because everything that I bought that was unmounted, about 25 stamps, now have the EZ mount cushion! I think this stamp, the lion, came from the Sparkle and Sprinkle booth. I also got the sentiment there as well. I went by Hobby Lobby to find some kind of jungle themed paper to use for this card. I wasn't sure of the paper I selected because the leaves were quite large, but it ended up working out pretty darn nice! On the right side, on the green panel, I used a new embossing folder I purchased at the convention. This one is from Sizzix. It is called Vines. It was in a 2-pack with another folder called Floral Flouishes. I love embossing folders ... love the texture it gives paper! Here's my "wild" card ...

The second card was a baby boy card I made for Jen del Muro. Jen is very talented and famous in the stamping, blogging world. She taught Copic classes for me when I had the store. My main stamp image of a giraffe was from a clear set I have had for a while from Hero Arts. At the stamp convention, I purchased this package of shaker card pouches from The Paper Cut. I believe it is actually a product from Impression Obsession. Very easy to use. For my "shakers" I used the round confetti pieces from Hero Arts and a little chunky glitter. The Paper Cut were selling panels that fit directly over the pouch so the plastic does not show. But, I did not purchase them because I figured with all the nestibilities I own, I could make something work. Well, it's true I didn't have exactly the right combination. I used my dies to make a frame but it was a little large and still showed the plastic so I came up with the smaller combination of dies to make a smaller frame but had to glue it on top of the pouch. I think it works. Here is my card...

And here is a close-up of the shaker!

Those are my cards for today for you! But you know what? I actually made one more thing to share - a little concertina book! But you will have to wait until tommorrow or the next day to see it! So check back because it's too cute! Oh, one more thing, you might have noticed I got the comment feature on my blog fixed so let me hear your comments! I am thinking that will make me blog more! I do have to o.k. them first though. I figure that would be best to keep out any spam! Happy Stamping!

Tina

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are really cute! Glad the comments thing is fixed, though. I really missed going to the convention Saturday, but I just couldn't make it this time.

 
design by suckmylolly.com