Sunday, January 24, 2010

You Rock!

One of the grandson's is having a birthday this week and I needed a card for the occasion. I have all these really cute animal stamps that if I used any of them to make a card for any friend who is around my age, it would not look to "young" but just be cute. But the grandson is turning the big 13! And every cute animal stamp said to me "young"! Crazy! With a little help from a friend, I got on the right track. I needed something that he was interested in like sports, music, etc. At Christmas he brought to our house Guitar Hero and played it and played it. So, I decided to make a card using a guitar. My hubby was a drummer, so I am always collecting stickers that have drums on them. I got to thinking about the stickers and knew they would also have guitars on them. I picked out the coolest one I could find and attached it to cardstock and then cut around the image. This would be my main focal piece. For the card, I decided to play around with cards I had purchased at The Paper Cut booth at the convention. This set was called Bib Overlay Kit in the colors summer variety and white. In the package, is 5 colors of pre scored bib cards and 5 white overlays. I decided to go with the yellow card, but I didn't want the overlay to be white so I traced the overlay piece onto red cardstock and then ran it thru with the birthday cuttlebug folder. I also added a cardstock/scrapbook paper square behind the yellow card. and a scallop nestibillites circle behind the circle that pops out. At the show, their samples showed the whole card layed out vertically. But to be different I went with the horizontal look! The You Rock stamp is by Deadbeat Designs. Check it out ...
I put the inside sentiment low because I thought we could slip in cash right behind it! The red layer is taped on 3 sides to form a pocket.

Come back tommorrow to see another creation. Happy Stamping! Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com