Friday, September 23, 2011

Two New Cards for a Contribution!

Hello!  Remember me?  Even though you haven't seen me here, doesn't mean I haven't been busy in the stamp "shack".  Monday and Tuesday of this week, I spent almost all day, making kits for my class - it takes a while to cut all the pieces for 20 kits.  And, Wed. and then again tomorrow I will be up in Waxahachie to teach.  Now, I am NOT complaining because I am lovin' this teaching gig, but once again I feel like it takes away from my stamping play time of just making cards for the blog.  On a good note, I have two cards for you today.  Woo Hoo!

I recently joined a little Methodist church down here.  Next month, they're having a Lords Acre to raise money to help the shelters, food pantry, etc.  They are planning to sell raffle tickets for lots of miscellaneous items, mostly, I think gift certificates to restaurants, but I do know there is a handmade quilt, so I told them I could add some of my cards for my contribution.  Not knowing what my cards might look like, I think the one in charge, was slightly unsure.  But, I am thinking, and hoping, that once she sees my cards, she will think they are a good added contribution!  I told them I would donate 12 cards.  I found 10 cards that I have previously made that I am contributing that I think are a good fit. I think all 10 have spiritual sayings on the front of some kind, and I added sentiments on the inside, either for birthday, sympathy, thinking of you, etc.  I decided to make two new ones to add to the group.  I wanted one that would be more of a birthday card and one that would be more masculine.  However, the masculine one, is borderline.  I think it could be sent to a man but it is still on the feminine side.  It is extremely hard for me to make masculine cards.  Why?  Don't know!  Anyway, let me show you my two cards.  Enjoy!
  




What do you think?  I love how they both came out!  Of course, my favorite of the two is the birthday one, pink ...duh!  No, really, it is all of it, I just love the layout and all the elements.  This was a Mojo sketch from 2009, seen here.  It was a joy to make!  Do you see I got both a scripture and the birthday sentiment on the front of the card?  One the inside, the sentiment reads "a day to celebrate".  What are your thoughts about the second card ... do you think, it could be sent to a man?  I tried to go with simplicity with the colors and elements.  I like it and I think it will be a good addition to the group of cards.  Speaking of the group, here is a picture of them ...

Recipes:

Birthday Card:
Paper - Music by Bo Bunny Et Cetera line (I ended up using the back side of the paper because the music was printed in lighter tones than on the front side.), Stripes by Bo Bunny Sweet Tooth line (the stripe colors matched the music paper, which allowed me to add color for my card), Cardstock colors: Natural White, Hot Pink, Black
Stamps - Sing sentiment by Our Daily Bread Designs, Birthday sentiment by Impression Obsession
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Music embossing folder by Crafts-Too?, My Favorite Things Music Die-namics
Other - Pearls by Queen & Co., Ribbon by May Arts

Cross Card:
Paper - My Minds Eye Stella Rose Mable 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White
Stamps - Sentiment by Verve -Joy for the Journey set
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Cross Collection by Spellbinders (it is a set of 4 crosses, unfortunately, my set only has 3 crosses, because a while back, I dropped one and I have never found it: frown!), My Favorite Things Open Scalloped Border Die-namics
Other - Rhinestones by K & Co., Ribbon by My Minds Eye

I will be back tomorrow to show you Saturday's sketch share.  My card came out pretty darn cute.  So, stop back by for that.  I think I was a little bit long-winded today.  Thanks for listening and thanks for your support of me and my blog!

Happy Stamping!
Tina


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com