Thursday, September 8, 2011

Life is Like a Rollercoaster!

Hello!  I have something a little different for you today.  I few months ago, on this post, I mentioned I have a stamp about a roller coaster and that the scrapbook paper I used on my card would go perfect with it.  Well, yesterday when I was looking through my various paper pads, I saw the paper again and thought I need to get that paper and stamp together for a card.  This is the result!  Enjoy!


I had a bit of deciding on what layout to go with.  I just couldn't do a card with just the paper and the stamp ... boring!  I really like how it turned out.  But, I do want to note a couple of things about my card.  My original idea started with a vertical card that would flip up when you open it.  Normally, when I do a horizontal card, I cut the paper differently, so that it too will flip up.  But, on today's card, it actually opens on the right!  And, I pretty much had it all together before I decided it needed a purple layer, so I cut the actual fold over card slightly smaller and then I adhered it to a purple panel.  This is something I used to do occasionally in a class when I had my store, but I had not thought to do it that way in a long time.  Maybe you can see how it is in this pic of the inside.
The other thing I did differently than I ever do, is that, I thought my card was completely finished, but then I decided it would be a great addition to add the twine.  Well, normally I would put it under the green panel, but because the embossing folder made it weak, and starting to tear, I had to wrap my twine around the inside of the card!  Yikes, I hate that look ...









... but in the end, I decided the way it looked with the twine on the front was worth the way it looked on the inside!  Aren't you glad I did the card for the great sentiment?  Makes me laugh! 

Recipe:

Paper - Echo Park Summer Days 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White, Green, Purple
Stamps - Viva Las Vegas Stamps
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle, Sizzix Tim Holtz Texture Fades Retro Circles (I thought this folder was appropriate for the fact if I actually get on a roller coaster, this is exactly what my stomach does ... goes around in circles!  Hee, Hee!)
Other - Twine by The Twinery, Rhinestones by Recollections

That's it for me today.  I hope to be back with more for you tomorrow, but if not, I will see you on Saturday for the sketch share.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com