Friday, September 2, 2011

You're A Racket!

Hello!  Today I have the second card made with the Tennis girl from My Favorite Things. (If you missed yesterday's post, be sure to scroll down!)  Once again, I "cased" another blog creation.  This time it was from Christina Fischer and you can see her card here.  Let me show you mine.  I think it came out just as cute as hers!  Enjoy!


I had to show you the inside because I used that great sentiment again!  I do want to note a couple of things about the makings of my card.  I absolutely love to paper piece her little dress because it shows thru the tennis racket.  But, to make it look right, I stamped her arms and hand holding the tennis ball a second time and cut them out and then after the dress was adhered, the arms were adhered on top.  (I used the X Xyron for the process, love it!)  Makes it look so realistic.  The other note is that the loops on the left panel was created with the Double Scallop Border, but I only allowed one set of the scallops to show under my panel!  Do you love my cards, both yesterday and today?  I think I will be inking up this little tennis girl again real soon!

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White, Kraft
Stamps - My Favorite Things I've Met My Match A La Mode
Ink - Versafine Black, Prisamacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Copic for skin
Tools - Marvy Corner Rounder, MFT Die-Namics Double Scallop Border
Other - Twine by The Twinery, Button by Basic Grey, Baubles by Stamping Bella

I will see you tomorrow for Saturday's Sketch Share.  This is a week that Donna is participating, so I will have 3 cards to show you.  See you then!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com