Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bee Benton Project!

Hello!  Back in January when I was at the Mesquite stamp convention, Jackie of Inky Antics, asked me to make a couple of projects with one of their new Benton Bear stamp sets.  Every Tuesday on the Inky Antics blog, she does what she calls Try It Different Tuesday, where she shows the same stamp or set and shows different creations using it.  Today, my cards are on her blog!  Woo Hoo!  When I sent her my pics of what I came up with, I made some comments in the email I sent her about my creative process in making the cards.  Well, she even added those comments in her post!  Wow!  I am so lucky to have gotten this opportunity to create for her blog.  I think I should just give you the link to her post, as it says it all.  Go here to see the post!  O.k. maybe I should also show you the pics here on my blog too, especially if you are one that just go through your list of blogs looking at the pics and then moving on to the next.  I admit I do this sometimes!  So here are my cards.  (And of course, the recipes along with a few comments ... you know I can't resist!)  Enjoy!
 


Card #1  Recipe:
Paper - Echo Park Country Drive 6 x 6 pad, (FYI:  I love, love that this paper was such a great match, but unfortunately, with a 6 x 6 pad, the paper doesn't go very far!), Cardstock White, Black, Yellow
Stamps - Inky Antics Bee Benton
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Stickles Yellow for bees
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Circles, McGill Tag Punch
Other - Twine from The Twinery, Pearls from Queen & Co.




Card #2 Recipe:
Paper - No DP!  Just cardstock - Yellow, Black, Red, White!  (Instructions: Make with 4 strips of 3/4 inch tall cardstock rounded on the ends with bottom strip 5 inches wide and each strip slightly less wide.  Top is 1 inch tall.  Adhere the finished 5 onto black cardstock and trim.  Trace front to create back and adhere at the top to the front to create the shaped card.  Create a shape for the front door).  FYI: Just don't look real close because I my cutting was done freehand!
Stamps - Inky Antics Bee Benton
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Hearts and Classic Hearts, Large Scalloped Rectangles (inside)
Other - Gelly Roll glitter pen, Rhinestones



Card #3 Recipe:
Paper - My Minds Eye Fine & Dandy 6 x 6 paper pad, Cardstock White, Brown, Yellow, Inky Antics Yellow Honeycomb Pad
Stamps - Inky Antics Bee Benton
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Stickles Yellow, Gelly Roll glitter pen
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Circles
Other - Brown Grosgrain ribbon, Brown Pearls

I also wanted to add how I came up with the inside honeycomb for my card:  I made a copy of card number 2 on my printer and reduced it to the size I wanted.  Then, I folded it in half and traced it onto the honeycomb pad.  Now, I went around and around trying to decide if it looked like a honeycomb or not.  I even called a friend to get her opinion.  I decided to just go with it.  Then a week or so after I finished my project, I saw that Inky Antics had come out with a Honey Pop set with a bee and the inside is a honey comb!  If you went to the linked Inky Antics blog, she includes this set on her post.  I have to say I like their honeycomb much better than mine.  And it would be much easier to use, because there is a stamp for it!  The whole bee set is pretty darn cute, and just think how it would compliment my Bee Benton set very well!  Putting it on my "wish" list!  Hee Hee!
What did you think of my Bee Benton projects? 

See you soon!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com