Friday, February 3, 2012

A Case with 3 Looks!

Hello!  The title sounds like I misspelled and really meant a suitcase with three locks ... but no, I didn't mean suitcase, I meant case, as in "copy and share everything", and looks, as in same card, different papers!  You see, a while back, on one of the blogs I frequent, I saw a card with a layout that was simple but very cool.  It was on Megan Lock's blog and you can see her card here.  I printed the card off and it has been sitting on my desk ... saying "create me"!  Well, I finally did and ended up with three different cards.  Let me show you.  Enjoy! 


Card #1, made third.

Card #2, Made First
Card #3, Made Second


Card number one above was the not the first one I made.  It was actually card #2 above that started the creative process and how I ended up making more cards.  I just didn't want to show the second card on top, as I am sending it to a friend that's on Facebook.  My post will show up on my FB wall and I didn't want her to see her card before she gets it in the mail.  I don't think she actually reads my post, so I think I am safe there.  Anyway, after the card (I am speaking of the card #2 above), was completed, I thought about where I would want to add a sentiment.  I know on the card I cased, she had her sentiment on a white tag across the card, but for some reason, I didn't like that on my card. I found a clear stamp set with tiny words. It says "happy, happy, happy birthday to you".  I made the clear words form a circle and stamped them in the cut out part.  Here is a close-up for you ... 

And that is where it started, because I thought of stamps that I have that are printed in a circle.  First, I used the one about friendship from Morning Star which is on card #3, and then card #1 has a birthday wishes sentiment from Endless Creations.  I didn't make more than these three cards, but they are more possibilities ... how about all those circle images from Just Rite?  Got your wheels turning yet?  It is a very simple card to create but I think it really makes a statement!  I do want to note about how they were made.  On card #1, I accidentally used too big of a circle nestibilities, and was going to just throw it away, when I realized, I should keep it to show you how it was made.  See here ...
The pattern paper was adhered to cardstock, (I like the dark cardstock color as a contrast), and the scallop was adhered to the right side, then the circle was cut out through all the pieces, all at the same time.  And one last note, on the cards with the circle sentiments, I originally was thinking that I would only want half of the sentiment, like the effect of Card #2, but then after I stamped the circles, I realized I really liked the whole circle stamped.  What do you think? 







Recipes:
Paper -
Card #1 K & Co. Sweet Nectar pad, Cardstock 2 Pinks, Dark Brown
Card #2 My Minds Eye Gertie, Cardstock Redish Rose, Dark Brown
Card #3 My Minds Eye Lost & Found 2 Blush, Cardstock Black, Wine, Mauve
Stamps -
Card #1 Endless Creations
Card #2 Wordsworth
Card #3 Morning Star
Ink - Memento Black
Tools - My Favorite Things Prima Donna Petals Die-namics, Spellbinders Classic Circle (to create cut-out)
Other - Rhinestones, Pearls

I will see you tomorrow for the Saturday sketch share.
Happy Stamping!
Tina 

1 comments:

Megan said...

These are totally GORGEOUS!! Thank you so much for letting me know you posted! Consider me a follower!

 
design by suckmylolly.com