Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday's Sketch Share!

Hello!  I have two more Valentines for this share between Debbie and I.  Which is good since I said a few days ago, I would have some more Valentines to show you.  I still haven't gotten back to my Valentine making, which means that I only have today and tomorrow to finish. I have been on another project which I will tell you about at the bottom of this post.  But for now, let me show you our share cards.  I will show you my card, Debbie's card and the sketch we both used.  Enjoy!

My Card



Debbie's Card

The Sketch

I'm sorry that my card pic is kinda small.  You see, I forgot to take the picture of it before I sent to Debbie in the mail, and so she took a picture of it today and sent it to me thru email.  It asked her what size to send it in and I told her small because that is the option I pick on my camera when I am sending it to my own email.  Well, it seems her camera's small and my camera's small are not the same.  I hope you can make it out that I added tiny hand drawn hearts coming out of the balloon.  And I added "Love is in the Air" for my sentiment, which I typed on my computer.  The papers were from one of those $1 packs from Target.  Love them!  And the ribbon?  I found it at a thrift store.  The whole roll was a quarter!  Now that is a bargain.  So, you could do this hobby for less money that we do, but I don't!  For instance, last week, at my church's women's meeting, I volunteered to create a ticket for the women's tea we are having.  I knew just want would be great on it, so I did an order online to get the tea die set from My Favorite Things.  Crazy, since I don't know how often I will use this die, but any reason to spend money on my hobby, I am there!  Hee Hee!  Here is the die set I got.  So, my idea was to do a little tea cup and saucer at the top of the ticket.  With help from great friends last night, I am 3/4 done.  Here is a pic of it.


Isn't the little tea cup pretty?  I love them.  I think the ladies will be impressed.  But, what was I thinking when I decided to die cut 100 little cups, actually 200 because the cup is die cut twice, one in cardstock and one in the pattern paper.  The floral paper is from a 6 x 6 pad which mean I only have 2 sheets and I had enough for about 70 of them,  The last 30 will have to come from another pattern paper.  Oh well!  It can't be helped.  Thanks for letting me share ... now I am off to make lunch, so I can get back to die cutting more teacups!

Hopefully, you will see me on Monday with the last of the Valentines.  Have a great weekend!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Babette said...

Nice card, Tina. I'm loving the fact that you're given a design and you can pick 'n choose what colors and so forth. Easy Sneezy, right? or am I wrong?

 
design by suckmylolly.com