Thursday, September 27, 2012

Smile ... It's Purple and Blingy!

Hello!  Sorry you haven't seen me this week.  I told you I would try to get the next class samples done over the weekend so I could show them to you on Monday.  Well, I did work on them and completely finished two of the three.  The third one is almost finished, except for one important detail.  You see there is a new honeycomb pad color combo that I "thought" I bought at the store, just for this class.  Well, come to find out, I bought solid red instead of the red/white combo.  Now, the red would work fine, but I just have to use the new product on my card!  So, when I get what I need to finish it, I will be able to show you all three of my class cards for October.  Until then, I do have one new card to show you.  On Monday night I took a little break from my class prepping to make a birthday card for my stepdaughter.  I inked up one of my favorite stamps ...that adorable bunny sitting in the flowers from The Cat's Pajamas.  Which leads me to wonder why I just have to have so many different stamps when I often use the same ones over and over?  Well, if you love this hobby as much as I do, you know there is no one answer to this question.  Let me show you my card.  Enjoy!





The sketch was a CASE from one of my favorite designers, Jen delMuro.  I went hunting for the correct post so I could give credit to her.  Check out her card here.  Oh, one note about all the purple ... Stephanie, the recipient, loves purple and I figure everyone likes bling, especially on their birthday!  Right?  Those blingy flowers were ones I got at least a year ago.  They had a yellow rhinestone in the middle.  And I thought ... why couldn't I change the rhinestone and make them work for this card?  Maybe I will be more apt to use them now, with this very simple idea!  What do you think?  Does this bunny in purple and bling make you smile?

Recipe:
 
Paper - Black glittered dots paper is from Doodlebug Designs, Tiny Purple Dot is from Bo Bunny (new 6 x 6 pad!), Cardstock White, Black (was planning to do a white base, but decided black was a better fit!)
Stamps - The Cat's Pajamas Kick Some Grass set
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools - My Favorite Things Dainty Dots border Die-namics, The Cat's Pajamas Button Flowers Cut-Ups die
Other - Flowers from ? (they are in a small silver tin), Small purple rhinestones, lime green rhinestones from Queen & Co. called Twinkle Goosebumps

One of the ladies from church has asked me to make a special card for her, so if I get that done before Saturday, I will be back with that one.  And I will see you Saturday for the share.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com