Thursday, April 4, 2013

Daisy Tea Time Tote!

Hello!  I have something special to share with you today.  The women's tea is this Saturday at my church.  Last year, they asked me to make some cards for the drawing, which I did.  And of course, they wanted to have some again this year.  Now last year, I had a bunch in my stash, as that was before I rented space to sell my cards.  This year is different, other than my class sample cards, I really don't have a stash of cards to pick from.  I want to remedy this at some point, for now ... I got to thinking about how making 10 to 12 cards would take me some time, so I went looking for an alternative idea!  Pinterest to the rescue!  This is what I found.  For their tote, they used a template that you pay for and download.  I normally am opposed to paying for ideas, and usually can figure things out on my own, but in the interest of time, I figured it was worth paying for.  See here for the download.  I have to say it was so easy to have the templates and clear instructions.  Totally worth the $4 in my opinion.  No regrets!  But, I did have to make the whole tote larger to accompany my clay pot I bought.  Their measurements were 7 1/2" wide, 7" tall, and 3" deep.  My tote is 8 1/2" wide, 9" tall, and 3 1/2" deep, and 4" wide on the side.  I know you are ready to see what I made ... here is the finished tote!  Enjoy!
 
 
 

In their tote, they did a pot of herbs and a candle jar.  Which I thought I would do too, until I thought about it and decided that the church ladies would rather have some handmade note cards instead of a candle!  I bought daises and some purple pansies, not knowing what papers or theme I would go with.  But, then back in my craft shack, I thought of the perfect set of papers.  One actually has teapots and cups on it, and the matching paper, I knew, would be perfect for the tote.  When I remembered the stamp from Inky Antics with the daises in the teacup, I knew exactly which flower to pick and it all came together!  Here are a couple of close-ups ...



The sentiment is from another Inky Antics set, but I thought it would be a great sentiment to add to the front of the tote.  Do you see the glittered butterfly on the tote?  I made another one to add to the daisy pot ... see it here...



Here is a side view of the tote.  The instructions called for a decorative brad to be used on the top of the two sides.  I went to my box of findings and found these two brass charms and added a gold brad to hold them on.  See here ...


On to the card ...I  followed the lead of the tote and made cards to match.  I started with a fun and simple sketch, adding the paper that has the teacups and flowers on it (see in bottom right, part of a teacup) and adding the sentiment, "just a note".  For greeting cards, I always add panels to the inside, but because these were note cards, I left the insides blank.  Between you and me, this was a very good thing, as I would not have had enough purple cardstock to do the insides too!)



I made 6 cards just alike.  And in the next pic, you can see them all tied up with a tag I made on the computer.   

I added one more thing this morning ... I taped a piece of cork in the bottom of the tote where the flower is to sit, as yesterday, when I was taking these pics for you, the pot made a water mark on the bottom of the tote.  Remember, the tote is only made of cardstock, and so that could be a problem if the flower pot is wet on the bottom.  I am hoping the cork will help.  I have set the flower pot off to the side and will do so until I have to put it in.

Once I decided what I was doing, it only took me about two days to complete the whole project.  I could not have made 12 different cards in two days!  And I love it!  What do you think?

Recipe:
Paper - Creative Imaginations Samantha Walker Tea Party line (2012), Cardstock White, Purple, Green
Stamps - Teacup from Inky Antics Daisy Bouquets set, Sentiment on tote from Inky Antics Rose Oval set,  Sentiment on card from Savvy Stamps
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Oval, Classic Scalloped Oval, Fancy Tags, Elizabeth Crafts Butterfly die
Other - Scor-tape, Glitter Ritz Cool Highlight (colored over the top with copics), Rhinestones, Ribbon by May Arts

Tomorrow I will be back with a sweet 16 card that I made and sent last week.  See you then.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

voyager said...

Wow, Tina!! You did a great job on the project! I love it & I know the ladies at the church will, too! The colors are so pretty & happy.

 
design by suckmylolly.com