Friday, April 5, 2013

Floral Birthday!

Hello!  Sorry about posting so late today.  The day got away from me.  Yesterday, I told you I would be back with a sweet sixteen card.  That one will have to wait until next week, because today I want to show you a different birthday card I made last night, along with some bad news.  Well, bad news for me, because in making the card I am showing you today, I broke my big shot die cutting machine.  It's my own fault as I was trying to send too much thickness through and instead of stopping, I forced it instead.  I love the cards I have been seeing with the decorative dies as a base. See here for an example.  And on that post, there is a link to a you tube tutorial on how to make a hinge for the filigree type cards.  The tutorial is great and easy to comprehend, but that is where things went wrong for me.  Of course, it might have something to do with the fact that I use 100 lb. cardstock and so trying to cut through two layers (the hinge) with a very intricate die ... well, it just doesn't work.  Period.  That was last night.  This morning I decided I needed to make the pieces I had cut work, so I added the decorative die layer onto a colored cardstock panel and completed the card seen below.  It is still a really pretty card and one that I would like to remake again.  Let me show you.  Enjoy! 
 

I really do love how it came out.  And just think, if I would have done this all along, I would not have broken my big shot.  But, I really wanted to make one of the filigree type cards.  I will be trying again soon but with some lighter weight cardstock, much lighter weight!  Thoughts?

Recipe:
Paper - Simple Stories Vintage Bliss 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White, Aqua
Stamps - Verve One Person, Sentiment Verve (not sure what set)
Ink - Memento Black, Copics

Tools - Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8, Petite Ovals
Other - Pink Rhinestone Baubles, Ribbon from May Arts

I will see you tomorrow for the Saturday sketch share.  I was supposed to work on my April class samples this week, which I haven't started yet, so that is next on my list.


Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com