Thursday, April 18, 2013

Let's Celebrate!

Hello!  The title refers to my card I will be showing you today, however, before I get to that I want to say that my thoughts and prayers are going out to the people in two areas of the country today.  First, of course, to everyone who was affected by the Boston Marathon bombings, from the families to the good samaritans that assisted in helping others.  It is so hard for me to wrap my head around why anyone would want to hurt or kill another human being.  And then last night, there was an explosion at a fertilizer plant in West, Texas, a little town of about 2500 people, less than 2 hours from me.  There are a lot of people hurt and homes and businesses are gone.  I know explosions and bombings are not the same, but lots of prayers are needed for both.

On to today's card ...  I made this one for the owner of The Crafty Scrapper who is celebrating 8 years in business.  The make it take it event I participated in, was in conjunction with her birthday bash last Saturday.  Let me show you my card ...enjoy!


 
Too darn cute, huh?  I do want to let you know that during the make it take it event, I did 75 make it take its!  Wow!  I had a table of 7 and it was always rotating, so I didn't know how many people I had until I added it up at the end!  It was a really fun day!

Recipe:
Paper - 2012 Imaginisce Birthday line, Cardstock Light Blue, White
Stamps - My Favorite Things PI Birthday Girl
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools - 8 is a die from a set from Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Classic Oval, My Favorite Things Double Scallop border
Other - Glitz Ritz glitter, Ribbon from May Arts, Rhinestones from Queen & Co.


I told you that my plans for this week was to work in my room, organizing and straightening, as it had gotten so bad that I felt like it was even affecting my creativity!  And that is not good.  I really got into it yesterday, and I will be back to it today.  I do want to show you a really cool piece of furniture I added to my room yesterday.  You see, yesterday, Gary and I went to an estate sale.  My hubby knows how much I like cabinets or boxes with drawers.  So, he saw this piece first, and called me over.  I loved it immediately, but wasn't sure first if it would fit, and second did I want to spend my craft $ on furniture. ($200 of it).  I took measurements for future thinking and we went and had lunch.  But, I couldn't stop thinking about it, so after lunch we went back and I bought it.  It fits so perfectly in my shack, it looks like it was made for it.  I love it.  I don't know how old it is, but their thinking was the 20's or 30's or older.  Here are a couple of pics ...



Besides the cool drawer pulls, shown in the second pic, and the key, shown in the third pic, the drawers only open, if you open the trim on the left side of the cabinet.  Thanks for letting me share!

See you soon!
Happy Stamping!
Tina



0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com