Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Texas Tues-Step!

I will be participating today in my first Texas Tues-Step. For this week's Texas creation, I decided instead of just making a card, I would like to make a little mini book to house the pictures of the Texas wildflowers I photographed recently. It came out great! I originally thought I would do some kind of chipboard book, but in the end, I just went with two colors of cardstock, all cut out with the nestiblities labels die number 8. A lighter blue was adhered to a darker blue making the pages thicker. Then I used my Bind It All to add the binding. And last but not least (of course!), I embellished each page with some kind of bauble, or rhinestone. All stamps are from Deadbeat Designs, my favorite company for Texas images. Oh, I didn't have a stamp that said "wildflowers" so I used some Thickers stickers. They have a fabric feel ... kinda cool! Tombows and a little spritz of water was used to color the bluebonnet on the front cover. The Texas punches are from Punch Bunch and the star cut outs are from a Cuttlebug Die. Here's my little book. I hope you enjoy my stamping and my photos!














So, every 1st and 3rd Tuesday, you can check out my Texas Tues-Step creation. I will try to add some links next time to other blogs participating so you can see their creations too!

Be sure to stop back by tomorrow. I am sharing with you the creative gifts I received for my birthday this last weekend. Happy Stamping!
Tina

5 comments:

Betty J Schaub said...

WOWZA!I love your wildflower book! I just recently took a ton of photos myself and they'd look so great in your book too! Love that sentiment at the end and it gave me a little giggle.
Thanks for playing Tues-Step!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. Glad you got to play along with us! YEEHAW ;)

Linda McClain said...

Tina - How gorgeous. Thanks for Texas Tues-stepping with us.

Heather Maria said...

Love your mini book and your photos of the wildflowers are gorgeous!

Cassie said...

what a faboulous little book! such pretty flowers - up here in the panhandle we get completely different wildflowers; one of the things i love about texas -- all the variety!
and i love the quote at the end! everyone should be so lucky as to live here!! looking forward to your other creations!

 
design by suckmylolly.com